Search found 51 matches

by stefan.ungemach
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Dragobject (files) FROM VO
Replies: 0
Views: 3655

Dragobject (files) FROM VO

Hi all, since the comp.lang... group is rather dead and flooded with some Thai spam I need to bother you here: I'm struggling for days with dragging a filename from my application to File Explorer. Like in the SDK I use CF_HDROP. I have copied the whole code from the SDK to track down every single s...
by stefan.ungemach
Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:30 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Transform() of simple numeric values
Replies: 7
Views: 855

Transform() of simple numeric values

<t>Robert,<br/> <br/> it does make sense if you have a generic serializer (our is vaguely based on the XMLParser class of Anthony Smith) whose results may be passed to a SQL statement. According to the comments there seem to be restrictions in some dialects regarding separators in the string represe...
by stefan.ungemach
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:31 am

<r>Please consider it (almost) solved, I found the problem: Hidden deeply in our code there was a new <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>                SetThousandSep(Asc(""))<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> which caused the problem.<br/> <br/> But this raises another little question: Speaking with the developer I unders...
by stefan.ungemach
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:30 am

<r>Playing around with the settings didn't change anything, but maybe it helps to know that  <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>transform( fValue, "999,999" )<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> <B><s>[b]</s>produces a chr(0) instead of the commas<e>[/b]</e></B>. If fValue<=999 there is no comma and the result is ok. If it is...
by stefan.ungemach
Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:03 am

<r>Probably I got something wrong, but can anyone please explain this:<br/> <br/>  <ATTACHMENT filename="transform.png" index="0"><s>[attachment=0]</s>transform.png<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT> Lots of code from VO which format numeric values suddenly produce inexplicable results because they de...
by stefan.ungemach
Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:11 pm
Topic: Dialog size behaviour: VO dialog appears narrower (only width!) in X#
Replies: 32
Views: 2326

Dialog size behaviour: VO dialog appears narrower (only width!) in X#

Hi Karl,

perfect: that does the trick!

DialogX#4.png
DialogX#4.png (7.63 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Now the behaviour is 1:1 to VO. But what kind of magic is this?
by stefan.ungemach
Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:33 pm

<r>Hi Chris,<br/> <br/> here is a simple example. The following code is exactly the same in VO and XSharp: <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>FUNCTION DialogWindowTest AS VOID<br/>     LOCAL oDlg AS MyDialogWindow<br/>     LOCAL oOwner AS OBJECT<br/>     <br/>     oOwner := GetObjectByHandle(GetActiveWindow())<br...
by stefan.ungemach
Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:02 pm

<r>I see, and of course I agree with the concept. However, I would expect that a window with fixed constants as dimension, passed by the Size assign, would appear identical regardless if shown by VO or X# code <B><s>[b]</s>on the same machine with the same resolution<e>[/b]</e></B> (which is, BTW, 1...
by stefan.ungemach
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:59 pm

Leonid,

we do all of this (in VO) for all the dynamic controls. But in VO it is enough to set the calculated size (taking system menu etc. into account) via the "Size" ASSIGN. In X# there seems to be a difference which I haven't understood fully yet...
by stefan.ungemach
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:09 pm

<r>So doing this<br/>          <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>    ASSIGN size( oSize )<br/>         LOCAL rc IS _WINRECT<br/>         LOCAL dwExStyle := DWORD(_CAST, GetWindowLong(SELF:Handle(), GWL_EXSTYLE)) AS DWORD<br/>         <br/>         SUPER:size := oSize<br/>         SetRect(@rc, 0, 0, <B><s>[b]</s>...