Search found 306 matches

by Terry
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:18 am
Forum: Product
Topic: DotNet Controls
Replies: 12
Views: 1432

DotNet Controls

<t>PMFJI<br/> <br/> It is always advisable for objects to be discarded as soon as possible. It saves time. Basically this is because all processing is routed through the processor and even the short time it takes (pico-seconds) to route things this way, when there are thousands of objects  waste of ...
by Terry
Thu May 18, 2023 7:23 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Hello from London
Replies: 2
Views: 2000

Hello from London

Hi Geoff
I'm in St. Albans. Does your company have a contact number?
Terry
by Terry
Mon May 08, 2023 11:18 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Any good places for complete newbies to learn all the xbase dialects?
Replies: 8
Views: 3066

Any good places for complete newbies to learn all the xbase dialects?

<t>Hi Adisa<br/> <br/> Further to what Wolfgang has said I would question why you would like to learn all XBase dialects?<br/> <br/> The important thing to remember is that in all respects we are are up against time. If you spend time learning XBase, it is time you cannot spend learning X#. X# will ...
by Terry
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:30 am
Topic: Who is using BusyIndicators?
Replies: 13
Views: 1938

Who is using BusyIndicators?

Hi Dick
Just a stab in the dark. Try declaring i as a float instead of a double.
Terry
by Terry
Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:14 pm
Topic: Your Computer Behind The Scenes
Replies: 3
Views: 2415

Your Computer Behind The Scenes

<t>Hi Dick<br/> <br/> Many thanks for taking time to read and giving your comments.<br/> <br/> No I have not written textbooks for a living, but I do find writing things down helps concolidate understanding.<br/> <br/> Perhaps trying to condense understanding down to 12 pages was too ambitious, but ...
by Terry
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:00 pm
Topic: Your Computer Behind The Scenes
Views: 2415

Your Computer Behind The Scenes

<t>It is some time since anything has been posted here and I thought some may be interested in this topic.<br/> I have attached it as a pdf. It is for interest only.<br/> To what extent I've succeeded in making things easy for others to understand I cannot know at this stage.<br/> <br/> I'd be very ...
by Terry
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:33 am
Topic: Alignment & size of Wingdings character on Winforms button
Views: 955

Alignment & size of Wingdings character on Winforms button

Hi Dick

Just a thought: Try changing the Background colour of your TextBlock, it may help to show what is happening.

Terry
by Terry
Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:23 pm
Topic: Alignment & size of Wingdings character on Winforms button
Views: 955

Alignment & size of Wingdings character on Winforms button

<t>Dick<br/> <br/> I am not in a position to try this at the moment, but what you are seeing seems to be consistent with what I would expect.<br/> <br/> The image in the offending Wingding has already been positioned. You need a different Wingding.<br/> <br/> The image in the other Wingding (What is...
by Terry
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:53 pm
Topic: Regions & Outlining
Replies: 6
Views: 1196

Regions & Outlining

<t>Hi Dick<br/> <br/> It's just a guess, but the offending Method is virtual and will have a different visibility.<br/> It suggests to me that somewhere in your code you are perhaps have not got a suitable USING statement.<br/> <br/> Something in cross-referencing.<br/> <br/> But as I say it is gues...
by Terry
Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:13 pm
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: XSharp on Exercism?
Replies: 11
Views: 6145

XSharp on Exercism?

<t>Hi Bruce<br/> <br/> I don't relly follow your line of thought on this. Surely this forum gives wjat you say you are looking for.<br/> <br/> How did you find this Forum yourself? Personally I am here simply from the days of VO when still in the hands of CA.<br/> <br/> One of the main selling point...