- Created: 19 March 2020
A short report on what we have been doing in the last month. We have not been idle, I can say, despite (or thanks to) the CoVid19 crisis
We have made some changes to almost every part of the system. Below is an (incomplete) list of the changes.
- We have added support for bracketed strings
- We are now generating a version resource based on Assembly attributes even when you have included a native resource file
- Extended match markers in UDCs now also recognize file names including paths
- We have implemented the /vo11 compiler option
- We have solved several signed/unsigned warnings
- You can now use PCall() to call typed function pointers stored inside VO structures
- We have implemented several FoxPro functions and added the FoxPro Empty class
- We have fixed some problems setting global state using the Set() function
- Several workarea related functions were throwing an exception when called on a workarea that was not in use. This has been fixed.
- We have fixed problems with several functions such as StrZero(), PadC(), IsSpace(), AFill(), ASort() etc.
Visual Studio integration
- We have fixed an error in the keyword case synchronization code that could corrupt your code
- The code behind the VS Form editor had problems with methods declared without return type. As a result forms could not be opened. This has been fixed.
- Improved intellisense info for Defines and Enum members
- When porting from Clipboard contents, now VOXporter puts back the modified code to the clipboard
- Added option to remove ~ONLYEARLY pragmas
Installer and documentation
- We have added a new commandline option to the installer that allows you to suppress uninstalling a previous version
- The installer now lists all found instances of VS 2017 and VS 2019, including the Visual Studio Buildtools, so you can choose to install in a particular instance of these versions of Visual Studio or simply in all instances.
- We have added several documentation topics describing the installer/uninstaller command line options and the build process inside VS
- We have added documentation topics about catching errors in startup code and on some of the "special things" that the compiler does to your code.
The readme below contains a list of all the changes so far
A new build including these changes will be released in the next days (after extensive internal testing)