We have just released an installer with updated runtime files for XSharp Bandol RC2 for our FOX subscribers.
This update contains many changes, in particular:
- FPT writing in the DBFCDX RDD, and also reading of FlexFile arrays stored in FPT files
- We have added support for the VFP Collations in the CDX driver
- We have solved a few issues in the Advantage RDD and also exposed the AdsConnect60() function
- We have added some missing defines to the Runtime and a version of the Crypt() function that works with byte values
- We have added FieldGetBytes() and FieldPutBytes() to store binary data (encrypted passwords) to a DBF without having to worry about unwanted side effects of Ansi - Unicode translations.
- We have fixed several issues in the macro compiler related to handling (DBF) fields with the same name as built in types, such as DATE and CODE (short for CodeBlock).
- We have made several changes in the VOSDK libraries. The biggest change is that both System Classes and RDD Classes are now compiled with a target platform AnyCPU, so they can be used in X64 apps. We have also removed some late bound code from these class libraries, so the code should perform somewhat faster.
Please note that this setup must be installed on top of an existing RC2 installation. It does not include the compiler and VS support files. It only replaces the runtime components.
If you want to download the complete list of changes click here: