In March 2023 we are organizing our second US event, where we would like to meet our customers and potential customers from Canada, North, Middle and South America but also from other parts of the world.
We plan to launch X# 3.03 Γαία (Gaia) at this event.
Since we are a small open source project and we have limited financial resources, we have chosen to organize this as a relatively low budget event.
We have also chosen a location in the south of the US, so developers from Middle and South America, such as Mexico, are also able to come with a reasonable travel time.
We will present the current state of the X# development and what's new in X# 3.0 and show how to migrate your existing apps from for example FoxPro and Visual Objects to .Net.
This includes an explanation of the internals of the X# compiler and runtime and how you can use the new features in the product in your apps.
We will also spend time in explaining how X# works for the various dialects that it supports.
Our partner QLAdmin from Austin has helped us to set up an event that will be both informative but also attractive.
You have the chance to meet colleagues that create applications with the same tools, as well as enjoy presentations where we will demonstrate our open source solution to help you move your applications forward towards .Net.
This summit is structured to encourage open and facilitated face-to-face discussion and idea sharing amongst all attendees.
Refreshments will be provided all day with scheduled lunch and snack breaks.
You are also invited to join in the group activities to continue your informal networking and make new friends in the X# world.
The event will take place at the following hotel:
10728 Burnet Road,
Austin, Texas, USA, 78758
- Located in the Domain shopping and entertainment district of north Austin.
- 15 minute walk or quick uber ride to many restaurants, cafes, bars, retail.
- hotel benefits include free breakfast with hot breakfast options, griddle options of omelets/pancakes, muffins, English muffins, bagels, fruit, cereals, Chobani yogurt parfait bar, juice, and 24 hour espresso/coffee station.
- single king or double queen rooms have kitchenettes with fridge, microwave, sink
- hotel lounge with full service bar and small plate menu
- hotel market with snacks, drinks, and two complimentary adult beverages per guest per day
- event room block rate includes pre and post event days for those who come early or stay through the weekend
- free parking
We have negotiated a special discounted hotel room price of $189 per person per day plus taxes with complimentary breakfast buffet. Please use this link to book your room for the event, so you will be ensured of the special price.
- Room are available for this rate from Tuesday, March 28th to Sunday, April 2nd.
- All rooms must be reserved by Feb 28, 2023 to receive the guaranteed rate.
- For those extending their stay to enjoy Austin, either before or after the summit, we strongly encourage reservations be made as soon as possible to guarantee room availability.
Wednesday 29: Welcome reception
Thursday 30: All day sessions
Friday 31: Morning sessions
There will most likely be 2 members of the XSharp Development team present. We are also looking for external speakers.
Please send your session proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org before Dec 1, 2022.
To register for this event, please send an email to email@example.com.
The registration fee for the event is $595. This includes the welcome reception, refreshments, lunch and dinner on the 30th and refreshments and lunch on the 31st.
There is a special "Early Bird" registration fee of $495 for registrations before Jan 1, 2023.
All X# Summit attendees are invited to each day's group activity.
If a guest is traveling with you to Austin, they are also welcome to join all activities. The guest registration fee is $275.
Wednesday - Welcome Reception
Our host QLAdmin Solutions will host a Welcome Reception in the hotel restaurant/bar from 5:00 to 6:30pm.
If you have arrived in Austin already, please join them for happy hour cocktails featuring Texas craft beers and liquors, along with appetizers of your choice. Become acquainted with fellow attendees from around the world and set the stage for a great summit experience!
Thursday - Dinner Excursion TBD
Join us Thursday evening for a special happy hour and dinner. More details will follow.
Friday - Lunch Excursion
After the summit adjourns Friday afternoon, attendees are invited out for an informal and casual lunch. More details will folow. Transportation will be provided.
Meet us in person
If you want to meet with us in person before or after the event, please let us know in time, so we can schedule a meeting and discuss your particular questions in private.