Search found 1477 matches

by ic2
Thu May 23, 2024 8:26 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: VS 2017 Debugger from c# Solution "The X# runtime is NOT loaded"
Replies: 13
Views: 368

Re: VS 2017 Debugger from c# Solution "The X# runtime is NOT loaded"

Hello Hansjörg, Thanks for your reply. If possible, the best solution is 4). Which drivers you need? None specific, that I know of. I read somewhere that this could be a problem, drivers being present in a client's system for 32 bits programs but not for 64 bit programs. AnyCPU would make the progra...
by ic2
Thu May 23, 2024 10:42 am

Platform Target is the determining factor. Hmm, this is more complicated than I thought. I have just read multiple articles and this is what I found - if anyone has comments or additional info, please post: 1 I routinely select "Any CPU" in the the top toolbar and x86 in the Properties/Bu...
by ic2
Thu May 23, 2024 9:20 am
Topic: Setting the font of selected text in a RichEdit control
Replies: 4
Views: 169

Re: Setting the font of selected text in a RichEdit control

Hello Jan, In my VO code I use this (taken from an old newsgroup post). I pass the RTF control name as parameter and then the selected text will get bold. METHOD MakeBold(oFIELD) CLASS IC2RichEdit SELF:ChangeCharAttribute(CFM_BOLD,CFE_BOLD) RETURN NIL METHOD ChangeCharAttribute(dwMask,dwEffects) CLA...
by ic2
Wed May 22, 2024 8:00 pm

Thanks Robert for the clarification. One more question. You wrote: - AnyCPU and X#: VS2017, VS2019, VS2022 (internal form editor) - 32 bits and x#: VS2017 and VS2019 Our typical program says "Any CPU" in the the top toolbar and Platform Target: x86 in the Properties/Build section. Does thi...
by ic2
Wed May 22, 2024 5:03 pm

Robert, Some winforms apps cannot be designed with VS2022, but there should not be a problem running the app in the debugger. In https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/topic?p=27894&hilit=winforms+2022#p27894 you wrote: if you develop for .Net Framework in VS2022 and use the internal windows forms editor, ...
by ic2
Fri May 17, 2024 10:16 am
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31
Replies: 10
Views: 631

Re: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

Robert quickly sent me an updated XSharp.Rdd.dll. With the previous version, when going to the Section properties, the root DBF showed **** as 'Number of records'. With the updated DLL, it did show the correct number of records (a few million). However, nor in the ReportPro for X# preview, nor in th...
by ic2
Fri May 17, 2024 8:47 am
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: forum & posting
Replies: 6
Views: 331

Re: forum & posting

Hello Robert,

I am sure that I didn't have those sessions with lost content open longer than 15 minutes. So there may be another issue causing this.

Dick
by ic2
Thu May 16, 2024 10:55 am
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: forum & posting
Replies: 6
Views: 331

Re: forum & posting

Hello Karl,

I've had that at least twice since the latest changes. Now, before I submit, I select all my text and copy it to the clipboard, to be sure.

Dick
by ic2
Wed May 15, 2024 1:35 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Message sort order & earlier posts
Views: 199

Re: Message sort order & earlier posts

Ah, thanks you both very much. The control panel is indeed well hidden, I see no menu option or button pointing to it. But that works now. And I earlier received a reply to use the search option from the hamburger menu but didn't realize to open the Forum link first to find the hamburger menu. With ...
by ic2
Wed May 15, 2024 10:53 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Message sort order & earlier posts
Views: 199

Message sort order & earlier posts

When I open a forum, I have to manually go down, select Descending and redisplay before I can see the latest messages first. I remember that this could be set in my profile as a default but I can't find it anymore. What do I miss? Also: sometimes it is very useful to browse earlier posts to find bac...