Search found 1466 matches

by ic2
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:49 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Vo 2.5 to x#
Replies: 6
Views: 235

Re: Vo 2.5 to x#

Hello Attia, Certainly VO is easier to develop in, although the last published version 2838 is far better than 2.5. You will mainly convert applications to X# to make them more future prove (in a decade, there are few VO developers but .Net developers knowing e.g. C# won't have much trouble with X#)...
by ic2
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 am
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31
Replies: 9
Views: 289

Re: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

Thank you very much for finding the cause. I am glad my conclusion that it was related to the size was correct. Yes I think indeed that large dbf's should work. After all, it did work in VO without that problem with the same large dbf.

I'll await your updated DLL!

Dick
by ic2
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:57 pm
Topic: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

Re: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

Hello Robert, I may have some clue. The main dbf (the one on top of the section) contains millions of records. I wanted to empty it before sending it to you except for a handful of records and after I did, the report showed correctly in the X# ReportPro preview too, like it already did in the VO Rep...
by ic2
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 am

ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

There seem to be more issues with the X# ReportPro. I have a working report with an indexorder, no filter, a seek value defined as "62020007049000" and a while value, defined as left(Laadlos3.A6ritnr,13)=="2020007049000" These are valid values which I can find in the DBF. The VO ...
by ic2
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#
Replies: 43
Views: 1733

Re: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#

Hi Kees, Isn't it defined somewhere in the program? If you open the MEF Standard library of VO's System library, you'll find: DEFINE NULL_CODEBLOCK := CODEBLOCK(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_DATE := DATE(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_PTR := PTR(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_ARRAY := ARRAY(_CAST, 0L) // ARRAY() -> ARRAYN...
by ic2
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:24 pm
Topic: ReportPro (2) in ADS environment
Replies: 18
Views: 740

Re: ReportPro (2) in ADS environment

That's DBFCDX, in the properties. And no other RDD is set when running the report from the VO program. So that would mean that ReportPro doesn't use ADS and also that I still fail to understand why that works while dbMax fails to open a dbf in use by ads saying it is in exclusive use. PS: Note that ...
by ic2
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:31 am

Hmm, I would say that would only happen if I define a swap array including AXDBFCDX. And I don't do that. So how does ReportPro know that it should use ADS?

Dick
by ic2
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:31 pm

Hello Karl, Chris, Thanks for your replies. So ReportPro has a mechanism that hooks into the ADS file handling, which dbMax hasn't. Probably ReportPro is doing rougly the same as DBV, a dbv utility from Erik Visser and Janno Hordijk from which I have the sourcecode. It's using DBFAXSAdsIsServerLoade...
by ic2
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:37 am

Hello Chris, I can see it everywhere, including on my development Pc which is switched off daily. Also it's clear that AD opens the DBF files. Like this: Situation 1: ADS has not opened DBF files (because the program using ADFS & these files has not started). Then I can open these files with dbM...
by ic2
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:12 pm

Hello Chris,

No, all the same path where ADS controls the DBF's, ReportPro has no problems opening these very same dbf's with DBFCDX and dbMax says they are in exclusive use.

Dick