Search found 1497 matches

by ic2
Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:20 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Is it possible to merge info from 1 database into another using SQL
Replies: 11
Views: 435

Re: Is it possible to merge info from 1 database into another using SQL

Hello Karl, Interesting thought, but no, that doesn't change it. The problem is the AND after WHEN matched (ADS shows the position where the statement is wrong) and says there: Expected lexical element not found: THEN ) It seems to indicate that WHEN matched should be followed directly by a THEN, so...
by ic2
Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:53 am

Thanks Karl, Wolfgang, I already thought something like that. I've dealt with a few smaller ADS SQL specific issues earlier (easier things than this query). I can still reach my goal without programming. I can use the original statement to fill a field in the database which is empty everywhere. With...
by ic2
Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:28 pm

Hello Karl, Dick, i think: MERGE INTO addresses USING export ON export.clientkey = addresses.clientkey WHEN matched AND addresses.remark IS NULL THEN UPDATE SET remark = export.remark should do the trick. I'm afraid not (I think it's one of the combi's I tried). Error is Expected lexical element not...
by ic2
Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:02 pm

I had one (different) merge to do where I wanted the field replaced only when it was empty. But that gives errors in ADS Data Architect. I tried several different construction looking at several websites but I would say I only had to add to your fully working statement where addresses.remark IS NULL...
by ic2
Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:42 pm

Hello Karl,

Worked like a charm in ADS Data Architect!

That saves me quite some time (normally I write some temp DO while utility for that; not too difficult either but this was only changing some names and issuing the command).

Thanks a lot!

Dick
by ic2
Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:31 pm

Is it possible to merge info from 1 database into another using SQL

From time to time I have to import some info in an existing database. I now consider to write a general program that imports database 1 (the export) into database 2 (an existing database in my program) into field(s) X,Y, Z using key A = Field B in one of our databases. I wonder if there's a smart SQ...
by ic2
Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:59 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Windows 11 working like W10
Replies: 2
Views: 230

Re: Windows 11 working like W10

Thanks Karl, I will keep the info if at some point in time I would decide to go to W11. But I am obviously not in a hurry, as in W10 I can do all this without the tricks :)

Dick
by ic2
Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:55 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Datamodelling beyond 1:N ...
Replies: 3
Views: 311

Re: Datamodelling beyond 1:N ...

Hello Karl, In addition to Arno's reply: if you create a Performers table you can make one of the following choices: 1 The performer is the entity that gives a concert and gets a contract. It doesn't really matter which combination of artists/staff performs. The same combination may be re-used for m...
by ic2
Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:58 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: SetStandardStyle(GBSEDIT)
Replies: 3
Views: 290

Re: SetStandardStyle(GBSEDIT)

Hello Dominique, I have 1 converted VO program using the databrowser (I would strongly recommend to use bBrowser instead - which is in my planning for this program as well) and I use oColumn:SetStandardStyle( GBSREADONLY ) So I checked and added SELF:Browser:SetStandardStyle( GBSREADONLY ) Both comp...
by ic2
Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:09 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: error in VO editor
Replies: 5
Views: 305

Re: error in VO editor

Hello Chris,
Chris wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:24 am In addition to what Karl said..
Karl is called Dick in this post ;)