Search found 67 matches

by RolWil
Mon May 06, 2024 12:32 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Shared class library
Replies: 2
Views: 88

Shared class library

Hi all, I have something you'll no doubt be able to help me with: Goal : create a Class shared by a dozen or so projects (the Class provides the functionality to create reports in HTML format). Question : how to accomplish this (I use the Harbor dialect). I see there are class templates, but they cr...
by RolWil
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:05 pm
Topic: Open DBF’s not visible in BackgroundWorker second thread.
Replies: 9
Views: 285

Re: Open DBF’s not visible in BackgroundWorker second thread.

Hi Roland, I would suggest that you move your calculation function to a second thread without being tied to the currently open workareas of the main thread. That is, in the second thread you will re-open all the files you need for the calculation in shared mode + read-only (just for productivity), ...
by RolWil
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:56 pm

Guys, You can indeed (with some programming) access the open DBFs in other threads. But I would not recommend it, especially when indexes or filters are involved: the macro compiler is used to evaluate expressions and these expressions are evaluated in the context of the "current" area. I...
by RolWil
Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:39 pm

Thanks Wolfgang, I had read somewhere that this is quite time-consuming. I'll give it a try. I already disable all but the 'Stop' button ... which I intended to use for just that.

Cheers.
by RolWil
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm

Thanks Wolfgang,

I thought that might be it; I had tested public global variables and they ARE visible in the second thread. Is there anything else that is not 'visible' or accessible in a second (or more) thread that you might know of?

Cheers
Roland
by RolWil
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:23 pm

Open DBF’s not visible in BackgroundWorker second thread.

Hello XSharpers; Problem: open DBF’s not visible in BackgroundWorker second thread . In my application, there is a utility that performs calculations on individual’s health benefit costs. This calculation can take some time depending on how many individuals are being calculated, so In order to show ...
by RolWil
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:49 pm
Topic: SQL Forum?
Replies: 7
Views: 452

Re: SQL Forum?

Thanks Wolfgang, I have 40+ years in system development - although 20 were mostly paper pushing :D - and am quite familiar with the development process. It is why I'm suggesting I can't commit to properly contributing toward a formal beta test. If we're less format about it, then I will gladly parti...
by RolWil
Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 pm

The problem is I can't commit to properly beta testing with the beta process' s inherent documentation, test cases etc. etc. I DO need to be able to estimate the amount of effort the implementation will take in my application and even how it will be implemented - need to get back to a client using t...
by RolWil
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:46 am

Ah, thanks Wolfgang. I didn't know.
by RolWil
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:19 am

SQL Forum?

H,

I must be blind, I can't find the SQL RDD forum.