Search found 731 matches

by Phil Hepburn
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:18 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: [OT] Help needed with Arduino-style "C"
Replies: 10
Views: 2361

[OT] Help needed with Arduino-style "C"

<t>hi guys, back after a long break ;-0)<br/> <br/> its the same as in Python - the single and double equals signs.<br/> <br/> am now looking into Python and am writing an eBook as I go - for any who may be interested in the future.<br/> <br/> have made plenty of wood working projects in my time off...
by Phil Hepburn
Thu May 02, 2019 3:24 pm
Topic: Visual Studio 2019 and X# - images of success
Replies: 4
Views: 1989

Visual Studio 2019 and X# - images of success

<r>Here are a couple of useful images from this afternoons progress :- <ATTACHMENT filename="ChrisVSnXSprogress_02.jpg" index="3"><s>[attachment=3]</s>ChrisVSnXSprogress_02.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT> <ATTACHMENT filename="ChrisVSnXSprogress_03.jpg" index="2"><s>[attachment=2]</s>ChrisVSnXS...
by Phil Hepburn
Thu May 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Visual Studio 2019 and X#

<t>Hi Chris (and others), <br/> I have made good progress and now have a couple of different X# projects running within one X# solution - using VS Community 2019. I will report back in more detail tomorrow.<br/> Chris, as you suggested, I also managed to install VS 2017 Community, on the same deskto...
by Phil Hepburn
Thu May 02, 2019 10:40 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Moderation
Replies: 6
Views: 2183

Moderation

What a shame - Good Luck !
by Phil Hepburn
Wed May 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Visual Studio 2019 and X# - images of success

<t>Hi guys, as you may have noticed I am trying to get back into using X# after a long period away (one year ?) and I am having to use only the latest VS free public version (community!?). Does the current Bandol version work with this version of VS?<br/> I seem to be able to see X# entries in the H...
by Phil Hepburn
Wed May 01, 2019 12:12 pm
Topic: New to X#? There are a lot of Pearls
Replies: 14
Views: 2418

New to X#? There are a lot of Pearls

<t>Hi Wolfgang and guys !<br/> Yes, I am enjoying my 'part' retirement doing much woodworking and house renovation.<br/> It looks like the latest Bandol version was released to celebrate my (now past) 70th. birthday. Yes, I make Robert seem like a young boy ;-0)<br/> I would have liked to visit Aust...
by Phil Hepburn
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Sample code in VO compatible with X# to connect, R/W MS SQL 2008
Views: 2237

Sample code in VO compatible with X# to connect, R/W MS SQL 2008

<t>Hi guys,<br/> <br/> I have done all my SQL work over 10 years or more using standard .NET SQL 'stuff'. This was true in Vulcan and now all SQL sample apps work in X# with no need for much/any changes. These days I prefer to use the current Entity Framework version as it makes life easy, as does u...
by Phil Hepburn
Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 am
Topic: .NET Core 3.0
Replies: 20
Views: 5503

.NET Core 3.0

<r>Hi all,<br/> <br/> I tend to agree (a lot) with Terry and Wolfgang (and no doubt a few other too) on the position and approach of Microsoft - and indeed it is good that no one 'body' (or company) has too much power or say about the future of IT stuff.<br/> <br/> However, as a teacher and educatio...
by Phil Hepburn
Fri May 04, 2018 1:44 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: USING syntax ? - help please ...
Views: 4394

USING syntax ? - help please ...

<r>Hi Robert and all,<br/> <br/> Thanks for the multiple USING syntax.<br/> <br/> I have applied the syntax to part of a sample I am currently doing for ClickStartXSharp, involving Await methods in 'Stream' classes.<br/> <br/> The code is below - it reads one file and creates two more with the read ...
by Phil Hepburn
Thu May 03, 2018 9:01 am
Forum: Product
Topic: USING syntax ? - help please ...
Views: 4394

USING syntax ? - help please ...

<t>Thanks for the explanation Robert.<br/> <br/> I am about to spend a few hours on some 'Async/Await/Task' examples and so I will use the USING and scope stuff just to see how it works etc.<br/> <br/> I am a bit like Chris, somewhere in between ;-0)<br/> <br/> But over the years with .NET I do tend...