Search found 6 matches

by Bourke
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:08 pm
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: Visual Foxpro File / DBF file editor and browser
Replies: 5
Views: 2346

Visual Foxpro File / DBF file editor and browser

<t>"Since SMB2 you have to depend on having correct registry settings,"<br/> "SMB since ver.2 is not dependable for multiuser ISAM access"<br/> <br/> Other than having to change caching settings for some machines for a while in 20182019, this is not our experience with hundreds of multiuser sites us...
by Bourke
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:40 pm
Topic: Visual Foxpro File / DBF file editor and browser
Replies: 5
Views: 2346

Visual Foxpro File / DBF file editor and browser

<t>Microsoft have not 'f*cked up SMB for good'. They occasionally break something in an update meaning that things like Visual Foxpro and MS Access have corruption issues - the last time was in 2018.<br/> <br/> We have hundreds of sites running Visual FoxPro with DBFs under current Windows 10 releas...
by Bourke
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:38 pm
Topic: cmd with FoxPro
Replies: 6
Views: 1944

cmd with FoxPro

<t>What is an 'Order' in this scenario? A number, string, object ?<br/> <br/> There are many ways to do this from Visual Foxpro depending on the requirement and how much control you have over the external process you want to run.<br/> <br/> You could use Windows Scripting Host, Windows kernel Create...
by Bourke
Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:47 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Hello, long time VFP user.
Views: 4256

Hello, long time VFP user.

Yes, Visual FoxPro as I say is in the xBase ballpark but fairly different syntactically from the Clipper/VO world. However I would assume it is largely an exercise in creating an Antlr grammar (which I realise is a non-trivial exercise!)
by Bourke
Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:55 pm

What I meant really was the implementation of the VFP dialect as it's sufficiently different from the Clipper-based strain of xBase.
by Bourke
Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:53 am

<t>Hi<br/> <br/> FoxPro user since 2.0 days, along with .NET since version 2. Enthused to see this project, I had wondered why nobody had undertaken something similar although until the advent of Roslyn etc it was probably like trying to hit a moving target. <br/> <br/> I think there is a big market...