Search found 41 matches

by pemo18
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:34 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Compiler error XS9114
Replies: 3
Views: 1532

Re: Compiler error XS9114

Hello Robert, What I was looking for was the opposite. A switch that allows the use of the : colon for static methods. I am talking about compiler error XS9114: Can't access the static member ... with the COLON operator. This must be new. Having a switch that would allow using the colon with X# 2.18...
by pemo18
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:02 pm
Topic: Compiler error XS9114
Replies: 3
Views: 1532

Compiler error XS9114

Hello X# Team, After switching temporarily from X# 2.14 to 2.18 I'll got a lot of XS9114 compiler errors because our code uses : instead of . to access static members at many occasions. Is there a compiler switch to avoid this error? If not, I would like to suggest adding one for the next releases. ...
by pemo18
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:11 pm
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: XSharp on Exercism?
Replies: 11
Views: 6150

XSharp on Exercism?

<t>I am also interested - I already have a collection of X# examples that I have put together in my GitHub repo.<br/> <br/> So I would be ready to start. I am just not sure how popular the site is (I have never heard about it before) and if publishing something there would have any real impact on th...
by pemo18
Thu May 19, 2022 9:45 am
Forum: Examples
Topic: How to Obfuscate your code!
Replies: 1
Views: 5062

How to Obfuscate your code!

<t>Hello Dick,<br/> <br/> Thank you for the hint (and the very good summary) - I would have not found it myself probably. This looks like a good project and the tool obviously does what its needed.<br/> <br/> I am just not sure if a commerial product is a better choice for a large application and wh...
by pemo18
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:21 am
Topic: XS1569: Error writing to XML documentation file
Replies: 6
Views: 1637

XS1569: Error writing to XML documentation file

<t>Hello Robert,<br/> <br/> Although I have a "wild mix" of classes in the project with regular comments (like /// <summary>) and other styles (only // without any offiical tag) the compiler usually never complains.<br/> <br/> Its problably a mixture of several circumstances that results in a compil...
by pemo18
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:31 pm

Hello Robert,

Its version 2.8.3.15 of XSharpCore.dll

I think is has something to do with a </summary> missing in a method comment below.

I will have to test this first and will report.

Regards,

Peter
by pemo18
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:58 pm

<t>Hello X# Team,<br/> <br/> <br/> Whenever I put a<br/> <br/> /// <summary><br/> <br/> above a single class definition the whole project does not compile anymore due to an infamous XS 1569 error:<br/> <br/> XS1569: Error writing to XML documentation file: Fehler beim Vergleichen von zwei Array-Elem...
by pemo18
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:03 pm
Topic: NamedArguments with VO Dialect
Replies: 2
Views: 1370

NamedArguments with VO Dialect

Hi Robert,

Only a few seconds after I hit submit I found the compiler settings.

This is very good, thank you for that small improvement.

But there is no mentioning in the readme.rtf?

Regards,
Peter
by pemo18
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:44 pm
Topic: NamedArguments with VO Dialect
Replies: 2
Views: 1370

NamedArguments with VO Dialect

<t>Hello,<br/> <br/> Are their any plans to provide named arguments for the VO dialect too?<br/> <br/> I know there would be some kind of conflicts between different kinds of method call syntax.<br/> <br/> It would be very convinient for Office Interop method calls.<br/> <br/> Kind regards,<br/> Pet...
by pemo18
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:42 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Still problems with typing performance
Replies: 11
Views: 2377

Still problems with typing performance

<t>Hello All,<br/> <br/> Just to add my experience - it got much better with version 2.8 (1.12)<br/> <br/> Only a few warning boxes from time to time and no problems with the editor any more.<br/> <br/> Don't foget to update Visual Studio 2019 as well (I am using version 16.10)<br/> <br/> Regards,<b...