Search found 106 matches

by Kees Bouw
Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:17 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: VO.WCError
Replies: 10
Views: 324

Re: VO.WCError

Hi Chris, They are all created together at once, that is why I add them all together at once ;) I do not change any of the 3 components individually, I just add all 3 together (meaning I select them all 3 together in the Add -> Existing Item dialog). Anyway, I found that doing a Clean Solution after...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:33 pm

Hi Kees, Ouch, adding existing windows this way is really pushing it, those are meant to be "one" entity. Chris, Just wondering, why is this way of adding "really pushing it" and what do you mean by that it should be one entity? The code for a window is always split in 3 files I...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:50 pm

Hi Chris, Most of the projects would still contain too much code to import in one go I think. Also, the projects are all dependent on each other because the windows, the classes, inheritances and code are not placed together in a sensible way but scattered all over. The approach I took was to begin ...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:43 am

Hi Chris, The VO project consists of 11 modules, so 11 AEF's. Each of these AEF's when run through the VO XPorter, gives a Visual Studio solution. Apart from the fact that I don't know how to integrate 11 solutions into 1, I do not want that. The entire code generates millions of errors and warnings...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:06 am

Hi Chris, Thank you for your reply. I have exported aef's from the VO-project, ran them through the VO XPorter, and then you get these 3 files for each window. I know of no other way to add these to the X# project than with Add -> Existing item. Code-only files are just prg's and adding these in the...
by Kees Bouw
Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:13 pm

VO.WCError

Hi, When I add a VO Window, exported with VO XPorter, to my X# application, most of the time I get a run-time error "VO.WCError" like in this picture: https://ic2.be/XSharp/VOWCError.png The window is added by choosing Add -> Existing Item and then I select the prg, the xsfrm and the rc fi...
by Kees Bouw
Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:09 pm
Topic: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#
Replies: 51
Views: 3703

Re: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#

Thank you Chris, now it does work, although I still get the first message starting with "Your step-into request resulted" etc. But when I click Yes (=continue to be notified) the debugger does continue in the Find() method. No message about "OOP.prg not found". So a definite impr...
by Kees Bouw
Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:23 pm

Hi Chris, Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it makes no difference. I changed the line to LOCAL oServer AS USUAL oServer := SELF:oDCRefBB:Server oServer:Find("DESCRIPTION>='" + cDesc + "'", 0, adSearchForward) Now the same errors appear on the last line when I press F11 to ...
by Kees Bouw
Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:36 am

In the VS debugger, I pressed F11 (step into) on this line of code: SELF:oDCRefBB:Server:Find("DESCRIPTION>='" + cDesc + "'", 0, adSearchForward) The method Find does exist so I expected to go there. Instead, I got this message: https://ic2.be/XSharp/stepinto.png Then, when I cli...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:09 pm
Topic: SLE Background?
Replies: 16
Views: 631

Re: SLE Background?

A related question:

Is it possible to give the SLE's on VO-forms rounded corners in Windows 10, like they have automatically in Windows 11? Our clients like the rounded corners very much, but they also prefer Windows 10 over Windows 11.

Kees.