Search found 80 matches

by Kees Bouw
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:58 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Thanks to the X# developers for their work
Replies: 4
Views: 167

Re: Thanks to the X# developers for their work

That goes for me too. I am converting a big VO application to X# and it often surprises me how well the existing code works in X#, mostly with minimal changes. Of course I have encountered a few problems but then there is always help & support in the forum, especially from Robert and Chris. I re...
by Kees Bouw
Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:48 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#
Replies: 18
Views: 939

Re: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#

Chris and Robert,

Thank you very much for your answers! It works now.

(And yes, I am still interested in a solution for the Themes functions.)

Kees.
by Kees Bouw
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:43 am

Another small question, there are a few places in my code where a DWORD or LONGINT is somehow converted into a structure like in this code (I have left out the irrelevant lines): METHOD Dispatch(oEvt, hDlg) LOCAL pNMHDR AS _winNMHDR LOCAL lParam AS DWORD lParam := oEvt:lParam pNMHDR := PTR(_CAST, lP...
by Kees Bouw
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:19 pm

Hi All, The function GetThemeAppProperties() from VOGUIClasses "Retrieves the property flags that control how visual styles are applied in the current application", see https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/uxtheme/nf-uxtheme-getthemeappproperties . This function returns 7 in...
by Kees Bouw
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:07 am

Wolfgang,

Thank you for this workaround, it looks very nice.

Kees.
by Kees Bouw
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:44 pm

Hi all, This may be a silly question, but I can't find any way to get a single control from a dialogwindow in X#. I know of the method GetAllChildren(), but I just want a single child, not all of them. I could supply a ControlID, a HyperLabel or the Name of the control. Something like oControl := oW...
by Kees Bouw
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:23 am
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: Xs2Ado AdoRecordSet:Open() exception when using Command object for uSource
Replies: 9
Views: 2460

Re: Xs2Ado AdoRecordSet:Open() exception when using Command object for uSource

Robert, The documentation is one thing but what worries me the most is that now for the second time in a few weeks I have spent literally days investigating a problem that turned out to be a bug or omission in Xs2Ado. The problem with USUAL(oCmd:Interface) was known on 14 April 2022 already (2 years...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:46 am
Topic: Xs2Ado AdoRecordSet:Open() exception when using Command object for uSource
Replies: 9
Views: 2460

Re: Xs2Ado AdoRecordSet:Open() exception when using Command object for uSource

This is definitely not working as it is described in the documentation and as it was in Vo2Ado. Instead of oRS:Open(oCmd, NIL, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText) I have to use oRS:Open(USUAL(oCmd:Interface), NIL, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText) Not a big problem of course but it took ...
by Kees Bouw
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:32 am
Topic: XS2ADO Samples Problem
Replies: 5
Views: 2480

Re: XS2ADO Samples Problem

Hi Robert, Thank you, this fixed the errors and the samples now seem to work. FYI, I did get another build error: Error MSB3030 Could not copy the file "F:\BP\Xs2AdoIf\Xs2Ado.Interfaces.dll" because it was not found. Explorer_DataLv C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Commu...
by Kees Bouw
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:48 am
Topic: XS2ADO Samples Problem
Replies: 5
Views: 2480

Re: XS2ADO Samples Problem

Hi All, I am also having problems with the Xs2Ado samples. I have removed all the references to "VOWin32APILibrary.vh" (there were 11) but I still get compilation errors like these: F:\XSHARP\Samples\Xs2Ado\Server\Explorer_DataLv\Resources\Help About.HelpAboutDialog.rc(8,0): error RC2104: ...