Search found 54 matches

by jpmoschi
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:41 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: error before install xsharp 26a1Public
Replies: 3
Views: 1892

error before install xsharp 26a1Public

<r>Hello Guys <br/> I came back to continue evaluating XSharp from FoxPro user point of view. <br/> I installed the last public version (the installer XSharpSetup26a1Public.zip)<br/> When i try to compile my old tests integrating WinForm classes with XSharp I have the compile error below <br/> <br/>...
by jpmoschi
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:59 pm
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: speed of LOCATE command in X# vs VFP
Replies: 34
Views: 6076

speed of LOCATE command in X# vs VFP

Chris, look the bottleneck in analyzer sreen capture
For me a sorprise!!!
I want to help, what poject y nead to download to analize inside
by jpmoschi
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:03 am
Topic: speed of LOCATE command in X# vs VFP
Replies: 34
Views: 6076

speed of LOCATE command in X# vs VFP

<t>hi boys<br/> I am a XSHARP tester to migrate from VFP Applications and i agree with Loy. We can use the power of the .Net Framework to resolve X# situations but a simple loop is really important, FoxPro is 27 times faster than XSharp<br/> <br/> I think that at least a brief look at the performanc...
by jpmoschi
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:33 pm
Topic: vfp local cursors
Replies: 1
Views: 1727

vfp local cursors

<r>Dear forum<br/> <br/> I continue analyzing Xsharp to migrate from FoxPro and I would like to know the experts opinion regarding local cursors (something similar to in memory tables or temporary tables for private use, in my case, this are created with <B><s>[b]</s>Sqlexec("select ...", "myLocalAl...
by jpmoschi
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:01 pm
Topic: private datasessions
Replies: 0
Views: 1659

private datasessions

<t>Good morning Forum<br/> what is the way to solve foxpro's private datasession in xsharp?<br/> I could find references in the online help (with the comment ToDo)<br/> I can assume it is not yet resolved in x-sharp. What is the actual status of this concept?<br/> I particularly refer to the datases...
by jpmoschi
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:57 pm
Topic: scatter / gather FoxPro commands
Replies: 8
Views: 2565

scatter / gather FoxPro commands

<r>Thanks Robert, my devolution: Tipical VFP scatter /gather MEVAR commands<br/> <I><s>[i]</s>FUNCTION ScatterTo() AS Dictionary<STRING,USUAL><br/> oReturn := Dictionary<STRING,USUAL>{}<br/> LOCAL nFld AS DWORD<br/> LOCAL nMax as DWORD<br/> nMax := FCOUNT()<br/> FOR nFld := 1 to nMax<br/> cKey := Fi...
by jpmoschi
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05 pm

<t>To solve it and also learn how to integrate with .Net types:<br/> How can I do the same functions of your example but saving column name and value to make gatherFrom work fine according to the target structure<br/> * returns a dictionary (key, value) with the name and value of each field of the c...
by jpmoschi
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:20 pm

<r>Good morning forum,<br/> I continue my task of testing xsharp migrating from foxpro I would like to know the status of the very useful commands scatter and gather.At least the following variants that allow copying the current row from one table to another with the same or similar structure<br/> <...
by jpmoschi
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm
Topic: VFP TEST. Sqlexec big querys
Views: 2123

VFP TEST. Sqlexec big querys

<t>Hi Robert, a vfp cursor can be in memory or on disk depending on size. It is not decided by the programmer.<br/> After executing that query you can see the file in a configurable location.<br/> ? sqlexec (1, "select ...", "SQLBIGRESULT")<br/> ? dbf ()<br/> This returns C: USERS JUANPC APPDATA LOC...
by jpmoschi
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:23 pm
Topic: VFP TEST. Sqlexec big querys
Views: 2123

VFP TEST. Sqlexec big querys

<t>Good morning Forum , <br/> I continue evaluating xsharp to migrate from visual foxpro. <br/> Detect problems by running huge queries like<br/> "select top 1000000 from dbo.bigtable"<br/> It does not produce errors but it never ends eithe<br/> <br/> I guess it is not a timeout problem xq the query...