Search found 11 matches

by KarlW
Mon May 24, 2021 2:59 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Toolbar Issues in X#2.8
Replies: 8
Views: 1631

Toolbar Issues in X#2.8

<t>Well it looks like it's something solely in one window.<br/> <br/> I produced a sample in VO but yes you've guessed it when I imported it to X# 2.8 it worked as intended.<br/> <br/> I then went on to add the same test menu/window that I'd created for the sample direct into the app code and again ...
by KarlW
Mon May 24, 2021 11:36 am

Toolbar Issues in X#2.8

Hi Robert

Doh! Of course it is, now you've pointed that out it's obvious :-(

Thanks

Karl
by KarlW
Mon May 24, 2021 8:10 am

Toolbar Issues in X#2.8

<r>Morning Chris<br/> <br/> The 'CS1061' isn't received at compile time, it's the result I see in the Visual Studio watch list if I set a watch item for SELF:Toolbar.<br/> <br/> What is strange is that if I set a watch on SELF and then expand the result this does show a result, however it never chan...
by KarlW
Mon May 24, 2021 7:57 am

Toolbar Issues in X#2.8

<r>Hi Robert<br/> <br/> Supplying the owner doesn't seem to make any difference. I supplied the owner and then reduced the toolbar items to a single button and the result was the same.<br/> <br/> If i reduce everything to the most simple form<br/> <br/> SELF:ToolBar := Toolbar{SELF}<br/> <br/> the w...
by KarlW
Fri May 21, 2021 11:00 am

Toolbar Issues in X#2.8

<t>Hi<br/> <br/> I'm having some difficulty with toolbars in X#2.8. In VO and X# 2.7 I was able to manually create a toolbar and assign it to the window. With this approach I could define a custom toolbar without the need for a visible menu meaning if I had a window where I just required a few toolb...
by KarlW
Mon May 17, 2021 3:29 pm
Topic: Exceptions in App:Exec() in a project newly updated to 2.8
Replies: 12
Views: 1820

Exceptions in App:Exec() in a project newly updated to 2.8

<t>Hi Chris<br/> <br/> I started to strip down the project to get you a sample but then I notice something odd happened. As soon as I disconnected it from our database I no longer encountered the exception even when I reverted back to simply SELF:Exec().<br/> <br/> After more digging I found that th...
by KarlW
Fri May 14, 2021 7:51 am

Hi Chris

I'll certainly try to get something for you. It might take me a few days as I'll have to fit this in between other jobs.

Is that OK for you?

Thanks

Karl
by KarlW
Thu May 13, 2021 4:03 pm

<t>Hi Chris<br/> <br/> Having given a few things a try<br/> <br/> The original code was<br/> <br/> SELF:Exec() <br/> <br/> this did and still causes the exception<br/> <br/> I initially tried supplying the first parameter<br/> <br/> SELF:Exec(EXECNORMAL) <br/> <br/> Again this still causes the excep...
by KarlW
Thu May 13, 2021 3:35 pm

<t>Thanks Chris <br/> <br/> No we'd never passed any parameters in the Exec() method in VO or when we'd previously been on X# 2.7 with this application.<br/> <br/> Will passing a null_object in (as I mentioned in my reply to Robert) cause any issues? Although the documentation shows the two paramete...
by KarlW
Thu May 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi Robert

No we don't.

However just as an experiment I've just tried it with a null_object

SELF:Exec(EXECNORMAL, null_object)

At that seems to get us past this.