Search found 11 matches

by dexter
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: Can't open DBF table
Replies: 19
Views: 2814

Can't open DBF table

<t>Thanks Robert,<br/> <br/> That make sense. Its not unmanageable our side for sure (I mean determining fields with bad length) and update accordingly.<br/> <br/> I'm surprised you keep entering **** for overflowed values. I know its STR who produces it but this cost more troubles than benefits. Do...
by dexter
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:25 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: A simple program - many errors!
Replies: 21
Views: 6059

A simple program - many errors!

<t>I'm kinda confused about the priorities - if Forms/Report are more important than dealing with DBFs and inline sql ...hmm<br/> <br/> I suspect the most legacy code comes from desktop apps which drives the development efforts for X#. But I really hoped dealing natively with DBFs is what would make...
by dexter
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:04 pm

Can't open DBF table

<t>The following sentence is copied from VFP help regarding Numeric field types:<br/> <br/> "In fields with Numeric data type, the length of the decimal portion is determined at design time when you create the field. The length of the decimal portion is part of the total length. For example, if you ...
by dexter
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:12 pm

Can't open DBF table

<r>Yes I saw that <E>:)</E><br/> <br/> But here is the case - all VFP community is used with this "bug" as its always being like that in Microsoft's Visual FoxPro. So you can imagine how many "validations" and how many tables exists out there with this bug utilized as a feature. This is quite of a p...
by dexter
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:16 pm

Can't open DBF table

<r>I agree and I disagree.<br/> <br/> Here is the DBF specs for Advantage server - <URL url="https://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/webhelp/Advantage9.0/server1/dbf_field_types_and_specifications.htm"><LINK_TEXT text="https://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/d ... ations.htm">https://devzone.advantag...
by dexter
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Can't open DBF table

<t>Hi Robert,<br/> <br/> Its a tricky on I admit. For VFP decimals are not strict. The fact that you have N(3,2) doesn't mean each number must have 2 decimals. In this case you can safely add 100 or 999 into the field. Of course attempting to put 1000 should end up with exception (in contrast with w...
by dexter
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:55 pm
Topic: Greetings from Bulgaria!
Replies: 3
Views: 1852

Greetings from Bulgaria!

Hi Robert,

Well, you made my day! Thank you.

Dimitar
by dexter
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:09 pm
Topic: A simple program - many errors!
Replies: 21
Views: 6059

A simple program - many errors!

<r>Hey guys,<br/> <br/> Before I submit the very simple code that throws exceptions almost everywhere (very discouraging) I would like to ask if you have online/offline documentation of the implemented commands? Lack of documentation + lack of proper intellisense (+ no access to definitions) causes ...
by dexter
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Can't open DBF table

Hey Chris,

I grabbed just first 10 records into a separate table with same struct. Got same error I send this example to you.

Thanks
Dimitar
by dexter
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:44 pm

Can't open DBF table

<t>I'm trying to open 1GB DBF table with 255 fields on it. X# is complaining and exception is thrown with following message:<br/> "Exception of type 'XSharp.RDD.RddError' was thrown."<br/> <br/> The actual description is : "Field 'DAYSCMPL' is not valid"<br/> <br/> The field in this table is N(3,2) ...