Search found 313 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon May 15, 2023 12:47 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: DotNetZip created backup sometimes causes issues in (only) some unzip programs
Replies: 12
Views: 3665

DotNetZip created backup sometimes causes issues in (only) some unzip programs

The original old ZIP-File formats had limits on the file sizes of single files and on the file size of the zipped file of 4 GB. Perhaps it is this the reason?

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue May 02, 2023 12:16 pm
Forum: Examples
Topic: ChatGPT integration examples?
Replies: 33
Views: 8789

ChatGPT integration examples?

<t>Hi All, <br/> thanks for all the answers. <br/> Of course the topic is "hot". And also our company begins to speak about some AI-presence in our programs to our customers. So it may be worth to add ChatGPT in the programs for business reasons. <br/> <br/> If you can already add a summary of much ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue May 02, 2023 7:14 am
Forum: Examples
Topic: ChatGPT integration examples?
Replies: 33
Views: 8789

ChatGPT integration examples?

<t>What can be a sense for the user for having integrated ChatGBT? <br/> <br/> I understand integrating specialized services like translation or maps and route finding. <br/> <br/> Of course I can imagine an intelligent chat bot if this bot knows everything about the internals of my program. (It cou...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:38 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Modifica della "Style=> Password" di una SingleLineEdit
Replies: 10
Views: 3433

Modifica della "Style=> Password" di una SingleLineEdit

<t>I have my doubts with the possibilities of modifying this property "on the fly". I remember only that we had some problems many years ago. Perhaps it is better to add hidden single line edits without the password property and to switch to them. <br/> But possibly something has also changed in the...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:26 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Who is using BusyIndicators?
Replies: 13
Views: 1933

Who is using BusyIndicators?

Nice living discussion! Every answer gives additional details.
Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:18 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Your Computer Behind The Scenes
Replies: 3
Views: 2412

Your Computer Behind The Scenes

<t>I would say that we should forget everything about electronic details and what we think what could happen inside a computer. <br/> <br/> Instead we should think on using devices where we talk to in and where we get answers after a certain amount of time. These devices can be desktop computers, mo...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:05 pm
Topic: Who is using BusyIndicators?
Replies: 13
Views: 1933

Who is using BusyIndicators?

<t>Probably Multithreading is needed - or a separate Exe file that shows the Busy-State. <br/> For many years we have such a separate small exe program with a progress bar and an always responding Cancel-Button. There is also a separate window appearing and showing database activity of the program o...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:29 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: The future of ReportPro
Replies: 54
Views: 13910

The future of ReportPro

We from INFOMINDS don't use Report Pro anymore.
Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:23 pm
Forum: XSharp Tools Library
Topic: Validate email adress
Replies: 7
Views: 3162

Validate email adress

<r>This is what we use. Nearly all users have email addresses with English characters. But we had already few exceptions, I believe with some accent characters used in Italian. So we needed already the possibility to allow exceptional special characters where we normally want to treat them as errors...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:46 am
Topic: Virus?
Replies: 9
Views: 1947

Virus?

<r>Even code signed programs are not treated always as "good programs" anymore. <br/> We had cases where we had to ask the antivirus company explicitly to whitelist our signed programs. <br/> But it is Ok to have some "False positives" some times. Better than having once one single "False negative" ...