Search found 1472 matches

by ic2
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#
Replies: 43
Views: 2188

Re: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#

Hi Kees, Isn't it defined somewhere in the program? If you open the MEF Standard library of VO's System library, you'll find: DEFINE NULL_CODEBLOCK := CODEBLOCK(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_DATE := DATE(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_PTR := PTR(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_ARRAY := ARRAY(_CAST, 0L) // ARRAY() -> ARRAYN...
by ic2
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:24 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: ReportPro (2) in ADS environment
Replies: 18
Views: 876

Re: ReportPro (2) in ADS environment

That's DBFCDX, in the properties. And no other RDD is set when running the report from the VO program. So that would mean that ReportPro doesn't use ADS and also that I still fail to understand why that works while dbMax fails to open a dbf in use by ads saying it is in exclusive use. PS: Note that ...
by ic2
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:31 am

Hmm, I would say that would only happen if I define a swap array including AXDBFCDX. And I don't do that. So how does ReportPro know that it should use ADS?

Dick
by ic2
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:31 pm

Hello Karl, Chris, Thanks for your replies. So ReportPro has a mechanism that hooks into the ADS file handling, which dbMax hasn't. Probably ReportPro is doing rougly the same as DBV, a dbv utility from Erik Visser and Janno Hordijk from which I have the sourcecode. It's using DBFAXSAdsIsServerLoade...
by ic2
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:37 am

Hello Chris, I can see it everywhere, including on my development Pc which is switched off daily. Also it's clear that AD opens the DBF files. Like this: Situation 1: ADS has not opened DBF files (because the program using ADFS & these files has not started). Then I can open these files with dbM...
by ic2
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:12 pm

Hello Chris,

No, all the same path where ADS controls the DBF's, ReportPro has no problems opening these very same dbf's with DBFCDX and dbMax says they are in exclusive use.

Dick
by ic2
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:56 am

Hello Chris, On it's own, that makes sense. But I only use swap arrays for some specific databases. That would mean ReportPro opens all the other dbf's using DBFCDX in a full ADS environment, right? Which still leaves the question: why can reportPro open these dbf's while dbMax gives an 'exclusive i...
by ic2
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:23 am

Hello Chris, That's right. I found a full array including ADSDBFCDX in the swap parameters, somewhere in the comp.lang newsgroup. But that still makes me wonder how it can function if a RDD is not defined (so effectively using DBFCDX) where e.g. dbMax would give an error thinking that the (ADS opene...
by ic2
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:59 pm
Forum: Deutsches Forum
Topic: Kann mit RP2.40 dummy.dbf nicht öffnen
Replies: 12
Views: 474

Re: Kann mit RP2.40 dummy.dbf nicht öffnen

Strange. I can open dummy.dbf in dbv.exe and in dbMax.exe. It contains one C1 field called dummy and 2 records containing '1' and '2'

Dick
by ic2
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:56 pm

Hi Chris,

That would be great. For both. I have multiple reports but I do nothing as far as I can see to let it know the program uses ADS. But if ReportPro doesn't use ADS, why does it work at all in an ADS environment while dbMax would give that error trying to open a DBF.

Dick