Search found 1472 matches

by ic2
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:49 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Warning XS0108 x_Mth hides inherited member y_Mth Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
Replies: 8
Views: 716

Warning XS0108 x_Mth hides inherited member y_Mth Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.

I am cleaning out warnings. One wasn't really clear, despite quite some explanation in https://www.xsharp.eu/help/xs0108.html (PS there's a typo Or, you van simply enable which should be 'can' I get this warning: Warning XS0108 MySubclass_SomeMethod hides inherited member MyBaseClass_SomeMethod Use ...
by ic2
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:23 am
Topic: Case sensitivity & 0 based question
Views: 3435

Re: Case sensitivity & 0 based question

Note to this: I was further investigating this issue to see what worked and what didn't - and now (on a different line) the ImmediateWindow returned the result without problems regardless the case. I am sure that it failed earlier until I capitalized it but until I can reproduce it (and see the diff...
by ic2
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:33 pm

Hello Robert,
The latest 2.18.
Dick
by ic2
Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:38 am

Thanks Wolfgang, that makes sense (the explanation, not the zero based elements in .Net on it's own :? )

Remains the question why Rowcount didn't work in the Immediate Window. I really had the impression that the case sensitivity issue was solved earlier already?

Dick
by ic2
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:16 pm

Case sensitivity & 0 based question

I was debugging an issue with deleting items from a Winforms DataGrid and noticed 2 things: 1 In the ImmediateWIndow I got an error (does not exist..) when entering SELF:dataGridNewEmails:Rowcount It worked when I used SELF:dataGridNewEmails:RowCount (so with a capital C). I thought that case sensit...
by ic2
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:25 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Sudden VS Form Design error: The designer could not be shown for this file ...
Replies: 26
Views: 10001

Re: Sudden VS Form Design error: The designer could not be shown for this file ...

Hello Robert, You've indeed explained that earlier; hence we changed our design such that all the events 'generated' from the form are in the 'View Code' program (in which the rest of the code is called from another program). So in a sense what you say is that the code is actually related (as it is ...
by ic2
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:19 pm
Topic: Sudden VS Form Design error: The designer could not be shown for this file ...

Re: Sudden VS Form Design error: The designer could not be shown for this file ...

Somehow my reply got lost - in short: 1) Yes, there are still many warnings in my project, no doubt this warning would have been (correctly) in the list 2) I would suggest that the compiler not allowing a comment without // behind ENDIF etc is maybe better - it requires one time adding // in code bu...
by ic2
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:10 pm

This prg contains the direct methods called from the buttons and the toolstrip of the Winform window. Most code is in a separate program as a result of an earlier X# bug (now long solved) that code could get lost. I removed everything except the namespace/class which restored the Designer window. Th...
by ic2
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:51 am

Hello Chris, Do you mean, with form.prg, the program which opens with "View source"? In my case iConnectMain.prg. In the iConnectMain.Designer.prg the inheritance is Public Partial Class iConnectMain ; Inherit System.Windows.Forms.Form which is equal to the class of the code (in iConnectMa...
by ic2
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:41 am
Topic: Exception unhandled error - but it is...
Replies: 4
Views: 2380

Re: Exception unhandled error - but it is...

Then the question is why the Microsoft programmers who created the additions to the Microsoft Event log are apparently unaware of this method and hence did not enter a filename in that log, together with the error. Which means the log entry as it is now is as good as useless.

Dick