Search found 67 matches

by RolWil
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:36 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: dbgoto() : strange consumption of time
Replies: 1
Views: 278

dbgoto() : strange consumption of time

Environment/platform: XSharp 2.14.04, VS 2021 Hi friends, I have another strange issue. My converted code (Harbour –> XSharp) takes many times longer than the original Harbor code. I narrowed the issue down to a single line of code and that is a “dbgoto()” statement. I have an array (“sa_pm”) that i...
by RolWil
Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:25 pm
Topic: Corruption detected on an index ... but NOT if index created within XSharp
Replies: 20
Views: 7727

Re: Corruption detected on an index ... but NOT if index created within XSharp

Thank you Robert for your detailed response. For me, this is only an issue during the crossover phase where parts of the system will be in XSharp, the other in Harbour ... until all conversion is complete. I only employ the "soundex()" function for lookup by name where the exact spelling i...
by RolWil
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:22 pm
Topic: Corruption detected on an index ... but NOT if index created within XSharp

Hi Robert,

I attached a ZIP with the DBF and the NTX's.

Cheers
Roland
by RolWil
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:54 am

Hi Gentlemen, I had run a test comparing the return values of Soundex() from both XSharp and Harbour – they return identical values. Re-Creating the problem I can’t give the data file to a third party – even anonymized. So instead, I created a DBF (IDXISSUE.DBF) with a few records and columns FIRSTN...
by RolWil
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:10 pm

Hi All,

For now, I've simply closed the index at fault to be able to continue - it's not needed for that particular function.

Does anyone have any idea of what's gone haywire with indexes that use the "soundex()" function as I outlined in my Nov 30 post?

Thanks.
Roland
by RolWil
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:03 pm

Well OK then. Detecting what the cause of this issues is took some doing. Eliminating code line by line didn’t directly highlight the issue and if anything, I ended up following red herrings. HOWEVER, it did appear to be “caused’ by a particular file/table name “BFMB.DBF” in my application. Since th...
by RolWil
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:24 pm

robert wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:07 pm With the link script ( maybe not the right we orde) I meant the libraries and files that you referring to in your harbour program.

Robert
Hi Robert,

Thanks, I have no 3rd party libraries/files. My "includes" and "References" are as follows:
by RolWil
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:15 pm

Hi Wolfgang and thank you.

Here's what I now have ... but still get the error:

SetAnsi(.t.)
SetCollation("Clipper")
SetNatDLL("ENGLISH")
RDDSetDefault("DBFNTX")
by RolWil
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:28 pm

OK, I added:

SetCollation("Clipper")

to the top of my initialization code and the error still occurs.

I should mention that I'm using the DBFNTX RDD.
by RolWil
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:17 pm

Second attempt at replying with attached image. Hi Robert, many thanks for your answers. I’m currently running XSharp 2.14.04 I’m attaching images of my settings but don’t know where to find a ‘ link script ’ and can’t find related any information; perhaps you could tell me where to find it. Regards...