Search found 67 matches

by RolWil
Fri May 19, 2023 6:01 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: DataGridView not displaying data.
Replies: 15
Views: 1625

DataGridView not displaying data.

Sorry, misunderstanding: I found a missing line of code, but inserting it did NOT fix the problem.
by RolWil
Thu May 18, 2023 1:53 pm

<r>Darn it. I rechecked my code .. .and found that I had overlooked a line of code from the video. I got all excited thinking that was the issue .. alas, it was not. The missing line was: "<I><s>[i]</s>SELF:dataGridView1:DataSource := SELF:bindingSource1<e>[/i]</e></I>" immediately after <I><s>[i]</...
by RolWil
Thu May 18, 2023 1:28 pm
Topic: Recommended migration path of Harbour project from DBF/NTX to MSSQL
Replies: 2
Views: 692

Recommended migration path of Harbour project from DBF/NTX to MSSQL

Thank you Wolfgang, Those links are the promise of good things to come!
by RolWil
Thu May 18, 2023 11:08 am

<r>Thank you Wolfgang;<br/> <br/> I had tried VFO since that's what Robert is using in the video but it didn't work. So now I tried the other dialects ... and no go. As I wrote to Dick, the 'bindingNavigator' control actually works - except deleting which results in an error. <ATTACHMENT filename="D...
by RolWil
Thu May 18, 2023 11:05 am

Thanks Dick,

That is indeed more code in those links. But if you watch the Video @ around 44:00, you'll see it working with just a few lines; that's the code I copied. The 'bindingNavigator' control works, gives the correct record count and one can add records)

Roland
by RolWil
Thu May 18, 2023 4:25 am

<r>I’m familiarizing myself with XSharp data binding. <br/> <br/> I have a form with a DataGrid View (dataGridView1), a navigator control (bindingNavigator1), a Binding source (bindingSource1) and a binding navigator control (bindingNavigator1).<br/> <br/> I based this on “How To Add An Icon To Your...
by RolWil
Thu May 18, 2023 4:09 am
Topic: Recommended migration path of Harbour project from DBF/NTX to MSSQL
Views: 692

Recommended migration path of Harbour project from DBF/NTX to MSSQL

<t>My migration is moving along (thanks to all your help) and I have the first simple standalone module in production. This one is pretty simple: read a couple of DBF’s, create a data extract and a report.<br/> <br/> I’m now planning how to migrate the core system. <br/> <br/> Before discovering XSh...
by RolWil
Sat May 06, 2023 11:21 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Inconsistent STR() evaluation when decimal not specified
Views: 1934

Inconsistent STR() evaluation when decimal not specified

Hi Chris,

yes, when I had added SetDecimal(0), all worked fine.

Interesting that the default behavior between Clipper and VO was different.

Cheers.
by RolWil
Sat May 06, 2023 12:32 am
Topic: Inconsistent STR() evaluation when decimal not specified
Views: 1934

Inconsistent STR() evaluation when decimal not specified

<r>Hello everyone; <br/> I believe the STR() function in XSharp yields different results from Clipper when the decimal is not coded (which, although legit is certainly lazy <br/> coding ...) and SET DECIMAL and / or SET FIXED have not been specified:<br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> Harbour Clipper: <CODE><s>...
by RolWil
Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:23 pm
Topic: Sudden VS Form Design error: The designer could not be shown for this file ...
Replies: 26
Views: 10002

Sudden VS Form Design error: The designer could not be shown for this file ...

<r>Hi Chris, <br/> <br/> the problem occurs also for non CONST declarations. For example this<br/> <CODE><s>[code]</s> PUBLIC CrLf := chr(13)+chr(10) AS STRING<e>[/code]</e></CODE> also causes the problem; compiles and runs fine but messes up the form designer. The workaround is of course to assign ...