by RolWil
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:32 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Validating textbox input as numeric
Replies: 9
Views: 2911

Validating textbox input as numeric

Thanks Gerhard.

I wish one could do that, but VS doesn't support it, at least not if the dialect is "Harbour"

Cheers.
by RolWil
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:30 pm

Thanks Chris

In my searches I came across TryParse(), but didn't realize it will return success boolean and not just set the result variable (which will be 0 in the case of non numeric input). Perfect!

Cheers.
by RolWil
Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:41 am

<r>Hello, me again. Converting Harbour code to XSharp.<br/> <br/> What are you using to validate that a user has entered a number in a textbox? I’ve tried a few things but can’t get it right. I really don’t want to get into workarounds using Regex, checking each character in the string etc. etc. The...
by RolWil
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:28 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Harbour -> XSharp migration: function calls/returns
Views: 1301

Harbour -> XSharp migration: function calls/returns

Thanks Chris, I'll keep that in mind. Ideally, I'll re-write the presentation layer and hook it into the existing 'back-end'. This legacy system is very heavy on calculations and database activity, less so on visuals.
by RolWil
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:24 pm

Thank you Robert, earlier on, I did a 'quick reply' to your message, but I can't see it. Gremlins. Your tip did the trick! Thanks!
by RolWil
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:13 am

<t>Thanks for all your kind and speedy responses; great group! <br/> <br/> I had missed your suggested 'Implicit Casts' and 'Late Binding' settings. I now included them and still get that 'Type Expected' error. I've included screen grabs of my updated settings.<br/> <br/> I agree that I should cast ...
by RolWil
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:31 am

<r>Hi all,<br/> <br/> X# newbie here. <br/> <br/> I’d like to migrate a very large Harbour application (which had a prior life in Clipper) to XSharp for a client who has been using it for 25+ years. It’s pretty much still standard Clipper code.<br/> <br/> I’ve just started to experiment with X#; It ...