I'm slowly adapting to VS...
by kitz
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:34 am
Forum: Product
Topic: VO library must become a DLL?
Replies: 7
Views: 1993

VO library must become a DLL?

<r>Thanks guys.<br/> I learned it doesn't work the VO way, so I will need the DLL.<br/> Copying the prg's is not an option, because these will be used in several projects and should be maintained in one place. I never used DLLs before (just the VO system DLLs) and was afraid of problems.<br/> I look...
by kitz
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:38 pm
Topic: VO library must become a DLL?
Replies: 7
Views: 1993

VO library must become a DLL?

<t>Hi!<br/> I ported a VO library with nearly no errors to a VS2019 project using VOXporter.<br/> After porting an VO application I referenced the ported library. So there is now a .exe and a .dll<br/> Is it possible to have the used methods/functions from a library of one project included in the .e...
by kitz
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:26 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: XSCompiler.exe - System Warn... "Unknown Hard Error"
Replies: 9
Views: 2383

XSCompiler.exe - System Warn... "Unknown Hard Error"

Chris,
I just "wrote along" and as the error occurred I didn't change anything, because such errors may be hard to reproduce. Glad it helped to find it :-)
BR Kurt
by kitz
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:48 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: XSCompiler.exe - System Warn... "Unknown Hard Error"
Replies: 9
Views: 2383

XSCompiler.exe - System Warn... "Unknown Hard Error"

<r>Hello!<br/> This dialog window arises when I try to build a console project VS2017 15.9.7 XS2.0.0.9<br/> followed by another on (see attachment).<br/> Error list is empty,<br/> Output is this:<br/> " XSharp Compilation time: 00:08:22.2190926<br/> Done building project "Prim.xsproj" -- FAILED.<br/...
by kitz
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:15 pm
Forum: Examples
Topic: httpListener, AsyncCallback syntax
Replies: 20
Views: 9667

httpListener, AsyncCallback syntax

<t>Hello Wolfgang!<br/> I also use a HTTPListener like that and it worked ok.<br/> But recently I tried to change the targeted .NET version from 3.5 to 4.0 and now have problems:<br/> No problems at all in the code or in my program, no try/catch fires, but the sender gets an error "HTTP Status 400 b...
by kitz
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 am
Topic: Which version of VO are you using ?
Replies: 52
Views: 7784

Which version of VO are you using ?

<t>Hi!<br/> <br/> I use mostly 2740, but also 2822, 2837 and 2838.<br/> But I am happy with compatibility to the last VO version.<br/> <br/> I was not able to move from 2740 because of SQL-Classes. There were some changes at setting connection parameters, where my backend refused to connect and prod...
by kitz
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:05 pm
Topic: try...catch and XS0165 (Use of unassigned local variable...)
Replies: 2
Views: 1694

try...catch and XS0165 (Use of unassigned local variable...)

<t>Thanks, Chris!<br/> <br/> I found another solution:<br/> TRY<br/> oSR := StreamReader(cFile)<br/> try<br/> do while...<br/> enddo<br/> catch...<br/> finally<br/> oSR:Close()<br/> end try<br/> CATCH...<br/> END TRY (note: no FINALLY here, or at least no oSR:Close in it)<br/> <br/> BR Kurt</t>
by kitz
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:01 pm
Topic: try...catch and XS0165 (Use of unassigned local variable...)
Replies: 2
Views: 1694

try...catch and XS0165 (Use of unassigned local variable...)

<t>Hi!<br/> This:<br/> LOCAL oSR as StreamReader<br/> TRY<br/> oSR := StreamReader(cFile)<br/> do while....<br/> enddo<br/> CATCH ex...<br/> FINALLY<br/> oSR:Close()<br/> END TRY<br/> creates error XS0165 for variable oSR.<br/> My question is, how to handle this.<br/> Is oSR already created before e...
by kitz
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:02 pm
Topic: Creating an empty .net array: syntax?
Replies: 3
Views: 1704

Creating an empty .net array: syntax?

Thanks Wolfgang!
Now it works!
Was already looking in these docs, but blind...
I had tried aX := <string[]>{ iElements }
There I got "cannot implicitly convert type 'int' to 'string[]'

BR Kurt