Search found 28 matches

by alex_schmitt
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:10 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Compiling DLLs cross-referencing each other
Replies: 8
Views: 1669

Compiling DLLs cross-referencing each other

That's definitively a good hint, Wolfgang. I already see the differences in compile times :)
by alex_schmitt
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:08 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: FABtools, FABZip and FABPaintLib for X# 2.6a importing
Replies: 11
Views: 5706

FABtools, FABZip and FABPaintLib for X# 2.6a importing

<t>Dear all,<br/> <br/> does anybody have Fabrice's DLLs (Fabtools, FabZip, FabPaintlibCtrl) for X# 2.8 and could share it with me?<br/> <br/> On github there's only binaries for X# 2.6a.<br/> <br/> When I try to import the project/solution files from te downloaded ZIP files in Visual Studio 2019 (y...
by alex_schmitt
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:23 pm
Topic: XS0102 error: The type 'XXXX' already contains a definition for 'YYYY'
Replies: 2
Views: 1298

XS0102 error: The type 'XXXX' already contains a definition for 'YYYY'

Hi Robert,

wow the speed you guys are responding is truely amazing.

Yes, the "CheckForIVarAndPropertyConflicts" flag did the trick! I am using 2.8 SP4 Build 2838. I assume there was a warning but I did not take it serious.

Best,
Alex
by alex_schmitt
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:44 pm
Topic: XS0102 error: The type 'XXXX' already contains a definition for 'YYYY'
Replies: 2
Views: 1298

XS0102 error: The type 'XXXX' already contains a definition for 'YYYY'

<r>Hi all,<br/> <br/> after using VoXPorter I get tons of errors "XS0102: The type 'XXXX' already contains a definition for 'YYYY'"<br/> <br/> Interestingly enough, I did not find any resolution in the documents nor in the forum.<br/> <br/> I have a lot of PROTECT variables in my classes that I acce...
by alex_schmitt
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:34 pm

<r>Thanks, Wolfgang.<br/> <br/> I could finally manage by merging all applications into one and it looks like I am on a good track with this.<br/> <br/> I agree the circular references are not best practice at all, but as it worked and was convenient, I just used this <E>;)</E><br/> <br/> Best,<br/>...
by alex_schmitt
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:03 pm

<t>Thanks Robert! <br/> <br/> While digging deeper I found a lot of inter-project dependencies and the most straightforward way would likely be to place everything into one library. There's only 2-3 EXEs making use of it so that should still be valid.<br/> I'll give it a try. Everything else seems t...
by alex_schmitt
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:21 pm

Hey Stefan,

Thanks! I was fearing this step ;) But apparently now away around this. Apparently this is the cleanest way anyhow, even for VO.

Best,
Alex
by alex_schmitt
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:36 am

<r>Hey all,<br/> <br/> I am conducting my first attempts in migrating our project from VO and XS.<br/> <br/> One thing I stumbled across was the following:<br/> <br/> Assuming you have project A that uses a CLASS from project B and project B a CLASS from project A.<br/> In VO it was possible to mutu...