Search found 2560 matches

by Chris
Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:07 am
Forum: Examples
Topic: Vulcan Runtime example
Replies: 13
Views: 8066

Vulcan Runtime example

<t>Hi George,<br/> <br/> The error message (which starts with "VN") when compiling from XIDE means that it comes from the vulcan compiler, not the X# one. I think you are using a normal app for testing, not a standalone .prg file, is that correct? In this case, you need to open the app properties an...
by Chris
Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:28 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Compiler warning for missing type in declaration
Replies: 5
Views: 2882

Compiler warning for missing type in declaration

<t>Hi George,<br/> <br/> Thanks for your report. I confirm that System.Drawing.dll is not automatically added as a reference, but even so, for some reason in my machine the WinForms app template builds and runs just fine here! Not sure why this is happening, will investigate it. I guess if you manua...
by Chris
Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:37 am

> The current version of the C# compiler does ...

That should read "the X# compiler" of course!!

Chris
by Chris
Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:14 pm

<t>Hi George!<br/> <br/> The current version of the C# compiler does not support USUALs anyway, so your sample is producing an error at this line with a message "Type expected". In future builds, there will be a compiler option with which you'll be able to specify that you want to use the core versi...
by Chris
Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:36 pm
Topic: I like the stronger checks of the X# compiler
Replies: 2
Views: 3069

I like the stronger checks of the X# compiler

<r>Hi Wolfgang,<br/> <br/> Actually the X# compiler found this exact problem also in my old VIDE code, about a dozen times! In all cases it was of course bugs in my code that were not caught by the vulcan compiler earlier and were causing incorrect runtime behavior, was embarrassing to realize this ...
by Chris
Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:44 am
Topic: Dilemma" #1
Replies: 9
Views: 4212

Dilemma" #1

<t>Karl,<br/> <br/> >>><br/> What i don't want is:<br/> writing o := Child{}<br/> - and getting NOT a Child, but a Parent instance.<br/> >>><br/> <br/> You do get a Child, calling o:GetType() proves this.<br/> <br/> But if you have declared o AS Parent and make a call to a method of the Parent class...
by Chris
Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:20 am

Dilemma" #1

<t>Hi Karl,<br/> <br/> >>><br/> Your sample declares and instantiates "Cat" - mine declares Parent, but the code instantiates Child, while in reality the compiler makes a Parent-Instance, hence the complain for the o:c call. <br/> >>><br/> <br/> That was just for making the code more self-describabl...
by Chris
Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 am

Dilemma" #1

<r>Hi Karl,<br/> <br/> Here's a more self descriptive sample:<br/> <br/> CLASS Animal<br/> VIRTUAL METHOD Speak() AS VOID<br/> ? "..."<br/> END CLASS<br/> <br/> CLASS Cat INHERIT Animal<br/> VIRTUAL METHOD Speak() AS VOID<br/> ? "Meeeow"<br/> END CLASS<br/> <br/> Let's say you have many classes inhe...
by Chris
Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:57 am
Topic: LINQ
Replies: 17
Views: 5489

LINQ

Karl,

I don't think it should be made different in X#, either. This is the syntax with which it was introduced in c#, so we need to follow it as well.

But why MS designed it this way, is still a mystery to me..

Chris
by Chris
Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:53 pm
Topic: LINQ
Replies: 17
Views: 5489

LINQ

Karl,

Exactly my thoughts as well :-)

Chris