Search found 2896 matches

by wriedmann
Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:35 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Porting VO 2.8 SP4 app to X#
Replies: 6
Views: 4712

Porting VO 2.8 SP4 app to X#

<t>Hi Rene,<br/> <br/> I'm not a member of the development team, but I'm using X# on y regular basis, also for production applications.<br/> <br/> Currently X# is not able to compile VO or Vulcan code - the development team is working heavily on the development of the compiler and the runtime librar...
by wriedmann
Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:07 pm
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: DBF
Replies: 11
Views: 5803

DBF

Hi Fab64,

AFAIK this is not possible. Currently you should be able to use the Vulcan.NET RDD with X#, but not the one from VO 2.6.
The X# DBFCDX RDD is announced for later this year.

Wolfgang
by wriedmann
Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:15 pm
Topic: Visual Objects to X# (Project Conversion)
Replies: 7
Views: 5481

Visual Objects to X# (Project Conversion)

<t>Hi Horst,<br/> <br/> if you are using arrays and codeblocks other than floats, currently you can move your code only when you have also a Vulcan.NET license, because X# at the current state can use the Vulcan.NET runtime. (personally I think arrays and codeblocks are together with the runtime com...
by wriedmann
Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:36 am
Topic: C# and XSharp
Replies: 12
Views: 5900

C# and XSharp

<r>Hi Kannan,<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>Just want to know if X# is more like C# or like VO and the likes...<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> I would say: both.<br/> <br/> You can write <CODE><s>[code]</s>SLen( cString )<e>[/code]</e></CODE> as in VO, and <CODE><s>[code]</s>cString:Length<e>[/code]</e></CODE> ...
by wriedmann
Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:57 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: 4te Generation
Replies: 2
Views: 2501

4te Generation

<t>Hi Horst,<br/> <br/> what Robert said: I'm very happy with X#.<br/> <br/> I'm a long time VO programmer, started with the pre-release of VO 1.0 (after having worked with Clipper, also combined with C code). Most of my time I'm programming in VO, have several big applications (the largest with abo...
by wriedmann
Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:52 am
Topic: Getting Started with X# (XSharp)
Replies: 1
Views: 2811

Getting Started with X# (XSharp)

<r>Hello,<br/> <br/> for a start you can use this guide:<br/> <br/> <URL url="http://www.govulcan.net/portal/Portals/0/Vulcan.NETAtWarpSpeed.pdf"><s>[url=http://www.govulcan.net/portal/Portals/0/Vulcan.NETAtWarpSpeed.pdf]</s>http://www.govulcan.net/portal/Portals/0/Vulcan.NETAtWarpSpeed.pdf<e>[/url]...
by wriedmann
Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:48 am
Topic: C# and XSharp
Replies: 12
Views: 5900

C# and XSharp

<r>Hi Horst,<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>I understand that X# is written with C# and i know there is plenty of C# Code outside. So the question is , is it possible to mix this two 'languages' ? So some modules are from C# and some from X# ? So i can call a C# Function from my X# Code like :<e>[/quote]...
by wriedmann
Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:33 pm
Topic: enhanced WPF and MVVM support for X#
Replies: 8
Views: 3933

enhanced WPF and MVVM support for X#

<r>Hi Frank,<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>On the other side: The SouthSeaAdventure showed how not to do it. They mixed GUI and BL too much<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> this is true, but this sample helped a lot of people to start with VO - including myself.<br/> <br/> And my VO programs behave the same way u...
by wriedmann
Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:04 am

<r>Hi Frank,<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>These are already there. MvvmLight from GalaSoft or Prism form MS. Why invent the wheel twice.<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> I know they are there. But a preselection of some very basic classes would save a lot for beginners. And people not liking them can always sele...
by wriedmann
Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:58 am

<r>Hi Robert,<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>> Base Classes for Viewmodel, Command etc.<br/> I am not sure if it is a good idea to add these to our product. There are many solutions already on the market.<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> This is true. But one to find this out looses a lot of time reading, trying, ...