Soon to say goodbye.

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
MathiasHakansson

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by MathiasHakansson »

Hi all,

I'm sorry to say that I have been discharged from my employer. The reason is that they want to gather all their development in Skellefteå (very far north in Sweden), and as I live in southern Sweden with my family moving there is not an option for me. The term of notice is 6 months so I will not be thrown out just yet, but chances are that I will find a new position before that.

I want to thank everyone here for everything that you have taught me and for all exciting discussions that I have had the privilege to participate in. Even though I have been doing my new development in C#, I have also been maintaining my old VO applications and this far I have failed to find any forum for C# that is as productive and sharing as you all have been.

Thank you again, and good luck too you all and to X#.

/Mathias Håkansson, Växjö, Sweden.
wriedmann

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Mathias,

I'm very sorry! That is a bad notice!

But I hope that you will find soon a new employment, and maybe in your new work or private interest you can continue to be a member of the X# Community!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
NickFriend

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by NickFriend »

HI Mathias,

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure that someone with your depth of knowledge will have no problem getting another good position.

I agree with everything you said about the environment here... I too work in C# and maintain old VO apps, and as you say, I know of no other online community that comes close.

All the best

Nick
Terry

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Terry »

Hi Mathias

I can only echo what others here have said.

I wish you all the best for the future.

I am now free from commercial constraints, and any need to maintain old apps etc. which means I can basically follow my own interests.

I still find this community and it's value to be second to none. So hope you can continue as a member of it.

All the best

Terry
softdevo@tiscali.it

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by softdevo@tiscali.it »

Hi Mathias,
I hope to read your posts again, it would mean that you are still in our community.
Good future
Danilo
Fabrice

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Mathias,
sorry to read that.
I would like to thank you again for the good advices you gave me about Sweden.
I hope our roads will crossed again, and wish you all the best.

All the best,
Fabrice
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
lumberjack

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Mathias,
MathiasHakansson wrote: and as I live in southern Sweden with my family moving there is not an option for me. ...I have failed to find any forum for C# that is as productive and sharing as you all have been. Thank you again, and good luck too you all and to X#.
The best of wishes to you and your family in this time. It is sad to hear and know, but sometimes we however need to see the opportunities it create. Own software house, remote log into company and still be a member of the team...
It does not matter the outcome, you will always be part of our community and hope you will stay a member of the community. Your posts are appreciated.
Chris

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Chris »

Sorry to hear that, but as they say, every ending is a new beginning, an opportunity to something even better, hope it works out this way for you!

It was great having you here and please do visit from time to time. Good luck with anything you do!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Mathias,

I´m still using your Sle class, and i´m pretty sure that it´ll also run with the X# created VO-Dlls :-)

all the best !

regards
Karl-Heinz
MathiasHakansson

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by MathiasHakansson »

Karl-Heinz. Nice to hear that someone is still using MathiasSLE besides myself. I did MathiasSLE about 20 years ago so it's surprising that someone even remembers it. Claudio DiNucci from Italy helped a lot when doing the tricky parts about editing numerics with picture clauses.

/Mathias