This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Juraj

Post by Juraj »

Hi All,

I need to write some simple reports to my new WPF app in core dialect. I was intrigued eNotes by P.Hepburn "ReportsNPrinting_81b". Has some "BestDocuments" class source code?

Juraj
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Juraj,
I have Phil's BestDocument source, but he stated to me it is not for use, only as a case study when I still learned .net.

I can wrap some of my Vulcan data-driven code that should be enough to give you the basics of putting things on "paper". I encapsulated it in a @ Row, Col SAY ... styled methods that calculates how many characters and rows will fit on the remaining part of the "paper" based on the currently selected Font and Size properties. Tabular and freeform style. Will take me a day or two to extract the important parts if you interested.

It is written in pure .NET around the PrintPreviewDialog class.
Juraj

Post by Juraj »

Hi Johan,

I assumed I wouldn't be able to use BD directly. I want to write a library for printing simple reports in the Core dialect. I liked Phil's access, so I'd like to test how his BestDoc.... works and edit it into my library. I'll be glad for any help in creating this library.

Juraj
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Juraj,
Check the attachments if there is anything you believe is missing...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (163.19 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (163.9 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (202.47 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Juraj

Post by Juraj »

Hi Johan,
I do not have experience with creating a report. I think everything is needed there.

Juraj