FPDOS to X#

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Anonymous

FPDOS to X#

Post by Anonymous »

Sample code as requested: There are several hundred modules and several hundred tables (.dbf)
Attachments
RO.zip
(13.26 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
lumberjack

FPDOS to X#

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Gregory,
First direct answer, no it cannot be done yet...

The real answer, this ties into a project I am doing on the sideline to see if I can have my Clipper code written in Clipper 5.3 run in X#. It is very similar to the Harbour language syntax that X# partially support.

I would take on this to assist. X# has a very powerful pre-processor, that can be used to map your commands to X# supported classes and methods. Where something is not supported we can write a X# class to enable those.

In order to keep forums clean, please move this discussion to the Visual FoxPro forum.

Regards,
FoxProMatt

FPDOS to X#

Post by FoxProMatt »

Johan- the Public FoxPro forum does not presently allow posts. Only the FOX one does.

Robert created the public forum and put one message post in there to let people know that FoxPro support will begin soon, but I don’t think it’s opened up for ongoing discussions just yet. The “Create new topic” button is missing from that forum.
lumberjack

FPDOS to X#

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Matt,
See my post in the Private FoxPro forum... and the request directed at the DevTeam....
FFF

FPDOS to X#

Post by FFF »

FoxProMatt_MattSlay wrote:Johan- the Public FoxPro forum does not presently allow posts. Only the FOX one does.

Robert created the public forum and put one message post in there to let people know that FoxPro support will begin soon, but I don’t think it’s opened up for ongoing discussions just yet. The “Create new topic” button is missing from that forum.
And rightly so. Johan, Matt, i understand you are keen to "push" ahead. But given the expectations we all have about the support and reaction time we get here, and the size of dev, i see it a wise decision, not to start another focus point to monitor.

The roadmap is here, let's hope we see in some days rc1 of the runtime. There will be quite an amount of feedback, which in turn has to be digested, answered and eventually fixed. ;)
Foxpeople are in limbo for quite some time, i see no need to rise expectactions NOW which will need some months to be fulfilled. The good thing is, they will be fulfilled at all.

Karl
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
FoxProMatt

FPDOS to X#

Post by FoxProMatt »

FFF - sure I agree. There are other discussion areas (Foxite for example) which are a better place for them to be discussed by the VFP community.

It is simply too early for that here in the Public forum.