Quote for MYOB Integration please

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi. I would like a quote to integrate MYOB Invoicing into my program, or more precisely, sending invoices generated by my VO 2.8 program, in ReportPro 2.30, into MYOB to save double handling.

How much please. I know it's not cheap, but my client REALLY wants it...
robert

Post by robert »

Jeff,

What is MYOB ? Is that the Australian Accounting System ?
Does if have an import facility or does it use a open file format ?

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Hi Robert, yes MYOB is a very large accounting system, not sure if it's solely Australian, I thought it originated in South Africa actually.

It does have an import/export facility. Here is a link to their help page:
http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/Pr ... er+sources

Thanks very much.

Jeff
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Jeff,
BiggyRat wrote:Hi. I would like a quote to integrate MYOB Invoicing into my program, or more precisely, sending invoices generated by my VO 2.8 program, in ReportPro 2.30, into MYOB to save double handling.
How much please. I know it's not cheap, but my client REALLY wants it...
Sorry I only reply now. Here is a link to the .NET MYOB SDK. I could not remember exactly but Tom Szabo (aussie too) asked about 8 months ago assistance with doing it with X#. This interface is available on GitHub under the MIT license and can be modified, hence you can modify it to be COM visible if not already and consume it from your VO application.
MYOB .NET SDK

You can also look at the discussion on c.l.c.vo

You might find some direction on this forum post here on XSharp Forum post

Let me know, think I also have some personal emails that I can share while assisting Tom, will just have to scratch them out...
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Thanks very much Johan, I was unaware of that SDK. It'll probably make my eyes bleed and my head explode trying to work it out, but I'll give it a crack! Thanks again :)

Jeff
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Jeff,
BiggyRat wrote:Thanks very much Johan, I was unaware of that SDK. It'll probably make my eyes bleed and my head explode trying to work it out, but I'll give it a crack! Thanks again :)
You welcome. Just take small steps, at least get the SDK and then we can work from there, I will try and find the mails to Tom to try and assist, it will also give you some experience how to slowly migrate, by first integrating .NET into your VO app until you have everything converted to X# and .NET.

Good luck!