All of a sudden THIS starts

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

On compilation I'm now getting: Missing implementation of typed method that was declared in class bDataBrowser: 51453

What is going on NOW please? I can't compile and run or do anything. I've been all over the code, I haven't touched anything. In fact, I compiled a version a couple of hours back without a problem.

Then this started again (3rd time it's happened in the last 2 days) I couldn't fix it despite deleting the bBrowser libraries, reindexing the project and Repo , rebooting the PC etc. Then I loaded the saved aef file that compiled fine before, and BANG! Now IT won't compile for the same reason.

It keeps throwing me back to THIS code:

CLASS bDataBrowser INHERIT bBrowser
//#s implements the interface of DataWindow:ViewAs(...) 02-2003
PROTECT nLastKeyPressTime:=0 as LONGINT // See dispatch
PROTECT cSeek:="" as STRING // See dispatch search-string for seek-operation
EXPORT lAllowKeySeek as LOGIC // If true, allow seeking via keys->dispatch method
EXPORT cKeySeekOrder as STRING // Pass order
EXPORT cKeySeekAdd as STRING // Pass anything to add, e.g. soort when seekin in omschrijf:naam
//DECLARE METHOD SelectedBBItems // 24-4-2008
//DECLARE METHOD SelectedBBCells // 12-3-2012
//DECLARE METHOD SetBrowserBackground // 29-4-2012
//DECLARE METHOD SetCaptions // 26-10-2013

WTH is going on please?
Jamal

Post by Jamal »

First, do you understand what the error means? If you do, then you will know what to check for!

Hint: the answer is possibly in your commented out class code.
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Well I obviously don't know EXACTLY what to look for, but I am bright enough to have tried everything in that particular piece of code, which btw is "as is" from the bBrowser library.I have not touched it at all. THATS what is confusing me. I've uncommented everything, no difference, I've commented out everything, no difference. I've been through every method etc relating to bDataBrowser - nothing that I can see. Before this second one played up, that exact code compiled in another version of my app. I actually copied and pasted it in. Works in one, not in the other. All libraries in BOTH apps are EXACTLY the same...
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Jeff,
BiggyRat wrote:On compilation I'm now getting: Missing implementation of typed method that was declared in class bDataBrowser: 51453
WTH is going on please?
It is looking for a METHOD that you need to declare in your class, somewhere there is something like:

Code: Select all

INTERFACE SomeInterface
    METHOD SomeBrowserMethod(<params>) AS <ReturnType>
END INTERFACE
CLASS bDataBrowser IMPLEMENTS SomeInterface
END CLASS // Compiler will complain you did not create a METHOD SomeBrowserMethod in your bDataBrowser class
FFF

Post by FFF »

Johan,
we are in "VO", so no interface code, pls ;)

@Biggy: Did you reindex your repo? Possibly from outside of VO (there used to be a entry in StartMenu) ?
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Jeff,

looks like your problem is a LIB / DLL content mismatch. Take a look at this link.

https://bit.ly/2HBvFVA

regards
Karl-Heinz
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

OK, thanks Johan and Karl-Heinz, I fixed it. Corrupt browser library...

Thanks again for your help.