ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Anonymous

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by Anonymous »

Hi all. I'm having big trouble designing a report in ReportPro 2.30a. All other Reports I've written lately have been in ReportPro 2.16j so unless it's an "undocumented feature" I can't see what's going on. No matter how I try to format the report, nothing at all prints in the Page body. Not my fields, text, Date, Page numbers etc. Not a thing. Here is the report, the Database (CDX) and an Error which crops up occasionally when closing RP. I'm only trying to preview the report from within ReportPro 2.30a. at this stage, VO has no impact on it at all (that I'm aware of anyway, although I did notice the RP2.30 files needed to be in the CAVO28Bin directory, so who knows? Certainly not I)

Any ideas please? Thanks very much
Jeff.zip
(3.9 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
ReportPro Error.JPG
ReportPro Error.JPG (25.15 KiB) Viewed 296 times
Attachments
VOBin.txt
(18.62 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
robert

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by robert »

Jeff,
Will have a look at the problem later, but your VO Bin does not look healthy. There should not be any .VOA, CDP and IDX files in this folder. Also the _SYSATOM files do not belong there.
These files belong to a project (they contain the source code and object code for a project) and should not be mixed with the binary files in the VO BIN Folder.
I also see SP3 and SP4 subfolder in your VO BIn. I don't know how they got there but you should certainly not mix VO SP3 and VO SP4 binary files as well. That is asking for problems.
Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
BiggyRat

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by BiggyRat »

Hi Robert, those Sp3 sp3 folders etc all came in the ReportPro 2.30a download....
BiggyRat

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by BiggyRat »

Hi Robert, those Sp3 sp3 folders etc all came in the ReportPro 2.30a download.... I'll do the other cleaning up as you suggested.
robert

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by robert »

Jeff,
The idea was that you either copied the contents of the SP3 or the contents of the SP4 folder to the appropriate bin folder.
Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
BiggyRat

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by BiggyRat »

Which i did. I just unzipped it all to the bin folder, then copied the files from the sp4 folder to the bin folder
BiggyRat

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by BiggyRat »

I found the problem. Apparently the Page Body was too long. I got it down to 21cm, and it all displayed as it should.... BUT... It begs the question "How do I make a multi page report?"
wriedmann

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Jeff,
that may be the problem, but you should anyway cleanup your system.
It is a really bad idea to keep a VO project repository in the BIN folder - it should be always a separate folder.
In my installation, I don't clutter the VO folder - I keep all the project repositories in a separate tree - c:vorepo:
vorepo2.png
vorepo2.png (37.84 KiB) Viewed 296 times
vorepo.png
vorepo.png (4.32 KiB) Viewed 296 times
This makes it easy to backup the system.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
BiggyRat

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by BiggyRat »

What? No one knows how to make a multi page report in RP 2.30a? I find that very hard to believe.This particular database needs to report on a whole heap of things, including graphical representations, for all sorts of criteria. One report for each record (in this case a JobNumber) could possibly be 3 or 4 pages. What am I missing please?
wriedmann

ReportPro 2.30a Problem

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Jeff,

unfortunately I'm not working with ReportPro, so I cannot say where the problem stays. But I can immagine that it is not possible to print the data of one record on more than one page - at least in my tool this is a problem and I need to split up these long fields to multiple lines before printing them.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it