Missing assembly reference to VulcanVO-Classes?

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Silvio

Post by Silvio »

Hi,

my first attempt to migrate a small VO-Appl to X# failed at this point:
error XS0246: The type or namespace name 'FIXEDTEXT' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Same error occurs with PUSHBUTTON, CHECKBOX, DATAWINDOW and so on.
References to all VulcanVO...Classes.dll are added.
Sorry for my stupidity.
Silvio
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Silvio, sorry I somehow missed your post. If you have already added the references, then what's missing is enabling the compiler option "Enable Implicit namespace lookup",in VS you can find it in the Project Properties, Language page, while in XIDE it is in App properties/Compiler page. Didn't you use VOXporter to port your app? It should had enabled this option by default.

What this option does is to tell the compiler to automatically recognize the namespace of the classes in the references and resolve the class names without specifying their full name (if you use the Vulcan SDK classes, then the full name for FixedText is Vulcan.VO.FixedText). So another option would had been to specify the classes with their full names, or alternatively use a

USING Vulcan.VO

in the beginning of your .prg files, both would take care of the compiler error. But it is usually much easier simply enabling the compiler option mentioned above.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Silvio

Post by Silvio »

Hi Chris,
perfect, thanks :)
Silvio