Xide: Comparing different versions of projects

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
FFF

Post by FFF »

As topic says: in Vo i used Pauls invaluable "productivity pack" to quickly compare various aef versions. How do you do this in Xide?. Suppose i could use git or similiar, but i'm shy to the learn another tool ;)
OK, got so far typing, when some light appeared in my aging wetware: Hadn't Chris added a "Compare all files" to the context menu of project pane? Yeah. And i even had linked WinMerge as compare tool, but totally forgot it's existance :S
Now the question changes to:
* Could the "result" dlg, which lists the differing files, loose its modality? Would come handy...
* When hitting "compare all", could the compare tool, here WinMerge, be called once, opening multiple forms?
* I see that any file which is opened out of an vipef or viaef, sits temporarily below "Users... with a tmp name. What happens, if i allow WinMerge to copy a change from actual project to such a file, will the export file be updated? Suppose it works, but am too paranoid to try ;)

TIA and enjoy your sunday!
Karl
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl,

You can use the "Compare All" button, this should open as you say all the files (with differences) as tabs in your comparer tool. Did it not work for you? I admit I don't think I had ever tested it with WinMerge though...

About changes, no they are not getting updated back to the aef/pef file, I think it's anybody better not to, if you want you can just export a newer file... But of course you can do the opposite, update the changes from the export file to your current prg files.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu