Exe fails?

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
FFF

Exe fails?

Post by FFF »

Guys,
yesterday all of a sudden one of my VN- exes started to crash in "KernelBase.dll". No change at the codebase and exe since April. AFAIS, it fails trying to fetch from an access of my customer-table. The access combines two fields. Error 0, function FieldGet.
Prior to the fail this table is openend, displayed, skipped, all no problem.
Yes, there were some Windows updates yesterday :( , but by chance i haven't used this specific call in the app for the last week or so.
Anyone an idea?
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

Exe fails?

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl,

Unfortunately I think this is very little information about the problem to suggest something. I assume you cannot reproduce the problem in your machine?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
FFF

Exe fails?

Post by FFF »

Chris,
I can, insofar as the crash happens with this special method always... If I run it from Xide, it does the same. But I doubt I will be able to provoke this in a nine liner...
Regards
Karl
Chris

Exe fails?

Post by Chris »

Can't you run it in debugging mode to get more info? If you want you can send me the complete project zipped so I can have a look.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Exe fails?

Post by ic2 »

Hello Karl,

Two options:

1 I am updating Windows only every few months (last one a few weeks ago but still using 1809). So if you have a testable project (exe + files) you can send it to me and I can let you know if it works here. At least you can rule out Windows then - or not.

2 A client of mine had a DLL related problem just this week as well, on Windows server. I recommended to run SFC /scannow and this solved his problems.

Dick
Jamal

Exe fails?

Post by Jamal »

Test your EXE on another computer?

Does you get the same error?
- Yes, issue with your EXE.
- No, possibly you have a corrupted Windows user profile on current computer. Create another user profile and see if the app works.
- None of the above: keep searching for a solution!

Jamal

Jamal
FFF wrote:Guys,
yesterday all of a sudden one of my VN- exes started to crash in "KernelBase.dll". No change at the codebase and exe since April. AFAIS, it fails trying to fetch from an access of my customer-table. The access combines two fields. Error 0, function FieldGet.
Yes, there were some Windows updates yesterday :( , but by chance i haven't used this specific call in the app for the last week or so.
Anyone an idea?
FFF

Exe fails?

Post by FFF »

Jamal wrote:Test your EXE on another computer?
Does you get the same error?
- Yes, issue with your EXE.
- No, possibly you have a corrupted Windows user profile on current computer. Create another user profile and see if the app works.
- None of the above: keep searching for a solution!
Just tried, but i have no other machine with an installed VN anymore...
Meanwhile found, that all funtionality seems to work, except calls to printing routines, which access my customer table. But at that point, this table is already in use, showing the actual record in a datawindow. Does that make any sense?
FFF wrote:Guys,
Anyone an idea?
[/quote]
Regards
Karl
FFF

Exe fails?

Post by FFF »

Dick,
thx for offer. Run scf, got lots of "duplicate ownership" and "not owned but points to..." in the log. IIUIC, it replaced msfeedsync, but that service was anyway disabled. In the end it notes: "verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired".
But the error persists ;(
Regards
Karl
FFF

Exe fails?

Post by FFF »

Hi Chris,
watch your mail - you asked for it, so you got it ;)

Thx
Karl
Regards
Karl
Karl-Heinz

Exe fails?

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Karl,

it seems the last patchday gives some troubles. Are you running Windows Defender ?

Here´s a link to some more infos:

https://borncity.com/win/2019/07/11/win ... reaks-sfc/

regards
Karl-Heinz