Minor problem with bBrowser Column headings

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi all, I have a minor, but annoying problem with bBrowser column headings in ONE instance of the bBrowser.I use three bBrowsers in my app,two display properly as shown in the "Column labled correctly" image attached, but the one that is used the most (PostInit and Init code in attached PDF) displays wrongly - see "Columns labled incorrectly" image also attached. Where am I going wrong please?
Attachments
Columns labled incorrectly.JPG
Columns labled incorrectly.JPG (34.31 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Columns labled correctly.JPG
Columns labled correctly.JPG (38.12 KiB) Viewed 332 times
bBrowser Columns.pdf
(132.05 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Famous VO Guru Geoff Schaller (he's doing fine btw, I called him 2 weeks ago) would have said:

"Show us some code"

And if you also upload a bigger picture (these are hardly visible) we may be able to see what's wrong.
So please upload the code for the correct and the incorrect bBrowser.

Dick

Dick
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

The code is there in the pdf file...I'm not sure what else I can post. The 2 pictures are fine here. I've uploaded them 4 times.They are both 1661*294 pixels. This site must be shrinking them.
Columns labled incorrectly.JPG
Columns labled incorrectly.JPG (34.31 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Columns labled correctly.JPG
Columns labled correctly.JPG (38.12 KiB) Viewed 332 times
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Lets try the same files as a zip...
Attachments
Pictures.zip
(242.43 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
robert

Post by robert »

Jeff,

Your postinit code manipulates SetDateFormat() and SetCentury(). That is global state that you should NOT change when opening a window but usually only once at startup of your app.
I remember a discussion a few weeks ago about date display.
It is this kind of code that can and will cause problems.

W.r.t. the column headers: this bBrowser uses a standard DbServer. This server does not have description captions for the fields. My guess is that the other window uses a Designed server where you have added captions to the fields / fieldspecs.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Hi Robert, ok, I'll ditch that code, but it's in the other 2 also. This browser was the original bBrower I created. The other two are literal clones of this one. They work, this one doesn't. That's what has me stuffed.
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Jeff,
BiggyRat wrote:Hi Robert, ok, I'll ditch that code, but it's in the other 2 also. This browser was the original bBrower I created. The other two are literal clones of this one. They work, this one doesn't. That's what has me stuffed.
Are you sure the others that work don't have somewhere a bDataColumn:Caption assignment and this one not?
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Yes Sir, absolutely. They all got their column titles from their Fieldspecs. If there's a manual way of doing it, I'm all ears... and eyes! ?
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

BiggyRat wrote:Yes Sir, absolutely. They all got their column titles from their Fieldspecs. If there's a manual way of doing it, I'm all ears... and eyes! ?
The bDataColumns all have a Caption property that you can ACCESS/ASSIGN so no rocket science:

Code: Select all

self:oDCbBrowser1:GetColumn(#JobDate):Caption := "My Job Date Caption"
robert

Post by robert »

Jeff,
So the difference is that one window has a plain DbServer{} and the others a server where fields have been decorated with FieldSpecs. That is what I already thought and suggested.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu