A 'first test' - sharing files with other colleagues - OneDrive ..........

Public forum to share code snippets, screen shorts, experiences, etc.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi guys,

I am trying a first test of a new way of trying to share my eNotes and possibly PRG & EXE files with you.

As a first test I have placed a 72 MB file of PDF format in my OneDrive sub-folder called 'XSharp'.

Please some of you try out the following link to see if you can download the file.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiCBl-gBWjY9grZ-Ty02Eu44jzgWIQ

Please be aware that the version (numbered 182) is still work in progress and that it is the Appendix 'X' in which I have been adding all the recent material talked about in the XSharp forum.

ALSO - the section detail was NOT designed for PDF and so although it works 'generally', it is not real pretty at times ;-0((

However, all the important information regarding X# syntax and working example code is all there it would seem.

If this works for you then I will try and post some code files for you, the ones for my currently working L2S sample.

Let me know how this goes at your end.

TIA.
PearlsOneDrive_01.jpg
PearlsOneDrive_01.jpg (19.2 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Regards,
Phil.
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Phil,

I was able to download it correctly.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
FFF

Post by FFF »

No problem, too - albeit a bit slow ;-) - the site, not the download
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Karl,

It is pure 'OneDrive' technology we are using, and so we are getting the best that MS provides in that respect - the cloud, their server hardware etc. - please do realise that the PDF file contains almost 900 (yes, nine hundred) pages. A total of 73 MB I think.

So my guess is that the size has a lot to do with the time delay we saw - as it was slow for me here in my office as well.

I will see if I can put up some program files - 'watch this space !'.

Regards,
Phil.
FFF

Post by FFF »

Thought so, but wondered. The 80MB wouldn't hurt me, being on a 400MBit cable ;) the d/l shouldn't last longer than one or two seconds. In fact, it was fast enough. But simply to "open" the site lasted a lot longer, i didn't count, but it feeled more like 30 seconds... But never mind. I still wonder, when i shall find the time to digest 800 pages ;)
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Karl,

Well the good news for you and other X# readers / users is that Appendix 'X' has just about all we need to make stuff work in XSharp.

The rest of the stuff was added when I was researching using C#. It is there for reference.

The secret of coding these days is having the work examples and eNotes to search and refer to when we have a problem. I use my own eNotes all the time - regularly, even while I am doing X# and LINQ.

If and when I get time I may make a X# only version - but that's a way off, and until I get all my research done for Cologne 2017, and I have yet to move on to Entity Framework 6 / 7.

I have to say though - X# and LINQ do feel brilliant ;-0)

Cheers,
Phil.