Passing a parameter to ReportPro 2.30a

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi again. I'm sure that many many moons ago, I was able to make ReportPro pop up a dialog asking for a parameter such as a date from/date to. Sure, I can do it from within VO no problem at all, but I'm sure you can do it using ReportPro also, I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere in sample RP files, or the RP help. I used to use RP 2.17 maybe it was a feature in earlier versions, but not 2.30a?

Anyway, my memory is usually pretty good with things like that.. Is my memory correct? If so, how do you do it please. All I want to achieve is have the user put either Y/N and based on the response print or not print a particular field. As I say, I can do it from within VO, but once I start on something, I don't like it beating me...

Thanks in advance..... again!
robert

Post by robert »

Jeff,
There is a method ExpressionBuilder on the RpReport class to bring up an expression builder.
You can use the result of this expression builder this for the Seek expression, While expression, Filter Expression and also for the Variable Init expressions and Variable Update Expressions.

As far as I know there has never been a dialog to enter parameters or variables.
There is a SetVariableValue method that allows you to set the value of a variable at runtime.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
leighproman

Post by leighproman »

Whilst on ReportPro - something that came up today trying to export a report >100 pages to PDF:

The following error was encountered while fetching the next logical record:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '101' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at ReportPro2.frmProgress.SetPageNo(Int32 nPage)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at VulcanRTFuncs.Functions.$LateBinding$__SendHelper(Object oObject, String cName, __Usual[] args, __Usual& retval)
at VulcanRTFuncs.Functions.__InternalSend(__Usual oObject, String cName, __Usual[] args)
at ReportPro2.PtrDevice._StartPage()
at ReportPro2.PtrDevice._CollectPage()
at ReportPro2.PtrDevice._CollectExportPages()
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Maybe I was thinking of Crystal Reports Robert? I used to use that also...