Array Expression or Method in Fillusing

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Each Record has 3 contact name fields and associated phone numbers and email addresses - Main, Sales and Rep. I'd like to have a ComboBox filled with the three field values for each record, which changes as the user moves through the records (so the list only ever has a maximum of 3 members). Is this possible? I'm playing around with this code at the moment, and it doesn't work.

Method ContactsList Class DataWindow
Local aRay as Array
aRay := {}
AAdd(aRay, self:server:FIELDGET(#CLCONTACT)) <----CLEMAIL and CLEmail associated
Aadd(aRay, self:server:FieldGet(#SCONTACT)) <---- SEMAIL and SPhone associated
AAdd(aRay, self:server:FIELDGET(#REPCONTACT)) < ------ RepEmail and RepPhone associated
return aRay

What am I doing wrong please. I've used Arrays before, but not in this type of use. Can it be done, and if so how please.

Thanks again.
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Jeff,

Code: Select all

Local aRay as Array
aRay := {}  
AAdd(aRay, {self:server:FIELDGET(#CLCONTACT)) , ;
                     self:server:FieldGet(#SCONTACT) + " - " + ;// <---- SEMAIL and SPhone associated
                     self:server:FIELDGET(#REPCONTACT)}) //    < ------ RepEmail and RepPhone associated
return aRay
What am I doing wrong please. I've used Arrays before, but not in this type of use. Can it be done, and if so how please.
I think the ListBox wants a two dimensional array and uses aRay[1], aRay[2] for value and display fields. Otherwise you will have to use a listview control to emulate the ListBox. You also need to:

oComboBox:FillUsing(aRay)
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Thanks Johan, maybe I'm doing something wrong? Not unusual for me, as I'm sure you all know...

I changed the code to:

AAdd(aRay, {self:server, self:Server})
AAdd(aRay, {self:Server:FIELDGET(#CLCONTACT), self:Server:FIELDGET(#CLCONTACT)})
AAdd(aRay, {self:Server:FIELDGET(#SCONTACT), self:Server:FIELDGET(#SCONTACT)})
AAdd(aRay, { self:Server:FIELDGET(#REPCONTACT), self:Server:FIELDGET(#REPCONTACT)})

and I get the same error:
ArrayJPG.JPG
ArrayJPG.JPG (23.91 KiB) Viewed 298 times
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Jeff,
BiggyRat wrote:

AAdd(aRay, {self:server, self:Server}) 
Is this line 4? Does not make sense to have the server in the aRay...
AFAIK you can pass a single or double dimension array into FillUsing, but self:server does not make sense
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Of course! That has to be it. Thanks very much Johan. I'll give that a try now. I put it there originally to make sure I was on the right server...
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Jeff,
Obviously using AAdd() from a purist perspective will have a bit of a speed penalty. You can also just assign the array as follows:

Local aRay as Array
aRay := {self:server:FIELDGET(#CLCONTACT) , ;
               self:server:FieldGet(#SCONTACT), ;
               self:server:FIELDGET(#REPCONTACT)}
return aRay
Or if you want the 2 dimensional array:

aRay := {{self:Server:FIELDGET(#CLCONTACT), self:Server:FIELDGET(#CLCONTACT)}, ;
               {self:Server:FIELDGET(#SCONTACT), self:Server:FIELDGET(#SCONTACT)}, ;
               {self:Server:FIELDGET(#REPCONTACT), self:Server:FIELDGET(#REPCONTACT)}}
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Thanks Johan, unfortunately I still can't get it to work. Using your code, I get this error:
Array Fillusing.JPG
Array Fillusing.JPG (25.26 KiB) Viewed 298 times
I think it's the same error I was getting earlier with my code. What is wrong? All I have done is put a combobox on my form and told it to FillUsing ContactsList. If this helps, I don't know but even though in your example you used Class DataWindow, I tried Class JobInfo - the actual screen the control is on, and self:server returns NULL,,,, How can that be when the Server attached to the JobInfo window IS CLIENTS?
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Jeff,
Why is ContactsList part of DataWindow and not JobInfo?
I suggest you change it to METHOD ContactsList() CLASS JobInfo.
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

LOL because of your code! :) I've done exactly as you suggested Johan, but same error. I don't get it.

Method ContactsList() Class JobInfo
Local aRay as Array
aRay := {self:server:FIELDGET(#CLCONTACT) , ;
self:server:FIELDGET(#SCONTACT), ;
self:server:FIELDGET(#REPCONTACT)}
return aRay
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Jeff,
Also without seeing your JobInfo:Init() code, are you sure you attached the server before you call ContactsList?