Libraries

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Malcolm

Libraries

Post by Malcolm »

I can basically see how you can develop the language - I am less clear how you plan to produce the libraries - will xsharp have DataWindow etc?
robert

Libraries

Post by robert »

Mrg ?

You are right that the libraries are an issue.
We have tried to come to an agreement with GrafX but have not succeeded (so far).
Our current plans are:
  • The first VO/Vulcan version of X# will work with the standard libraries that come with Vulcan.
  • A later version of the X# VO/Vulcan dialect will come with enhancements that will replace built-in functionality in the Vulcan libraries. For example improved support for USUALs ARRAYs etc.
So if we can't come to an agreement with GrafX then we will ask you to "bring your own library".

Finally: GrafX does not "own" the code to DataWindow, DbServer etc. This code is not copyright GrafX, but is still copyright CA. We have contacted them (CA) to get a license for that code. We hope to be able to inform you about the progress of this in the not too far future.

Robert
mrg017 wrote:I can basically see how you can develop the language - I am less clear how you plan to produce the libraries - will xsharp have DataWindow etc?
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu