Problem adding a XSharp Core project to existing solution...

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am using latest XSharp Bandol 2.06 GA and Visual Studio 2019...

I have an existing solution in Visual Studio and when I try to add a new Project, choosing XSharp "Core Library Core Dialect with Runtime" as the project type, after I give it a name, it gives an error cannot find a template named CoreClassLibrary.xsproj in a zip file named ClassLibraryCore.zip

Could not find file C:UsersMattAppDataLocalMicrosoftVisualStudio16.0_40 b1 c065VTC4b2f56a14405eb653331 b5b6de41 dc6b~PCProjec tTemplatesClassLibrariesClassLibraryCore.zipCoreClassLibrary.xsproj'.

Indeed there is no such file by the name "CoreClassLibrary.xsproj" in the ZIP, but there is a file named "ClassLibrary.xsproj" in the zip file, as you can see in screenshot below.

What's weird is that I tried this an another machine with the same exact setup, and it does not give the error and it works fine by adding the project. I checked the ZIP on that machine, and the required file is also missing from the zip, so I am baffled why I do not get the same error on the second machine.

BTW - I *renamed* the [ClassLibrary.xsproj] file to [CoreClassLibrary.xsproj], and it works fine now. But something just isn't right here...

Also, prior to doing the renaming trick, I also did a full un-install of X# from the machine, then rebooted and installed X# again, but it still gave me the same error.
2019-09-08 17_37_29-Window.png
2019-09-08 17_37_29-Window.png (39.75 KiB) Viewed 114 times

2019-09-08_17-35-25.png
2019-09-08_17-35-25.png (8.91 KiB) Viewed 114 times
2019-09-08 17_36_46-Window.png
2019-09-08 17_36_46-Window.png (13.33 KiB) Viewed 114 times
robert

Post by robert »

Matt,

We have renamed some of the project templates for VS and added some new ones (classlibraries for each dialect)
Apparently we have missed one reference in the CoreClassLibrary template. The vstemplate file in this template references CoreClassLibrary.xsproj but the file in the folder is still named ClassLibrary.xsproj.
I will fix this for the next build.
You can fix this yourself too if you want:
- open "c:Program Files (x86)XSharpExtensionProjectProjectTemplatesClassLibrariesClassLibraryCore.zip"
- rename ClassLibrary.xsproj to CoreClassLibrary.xsproj
- save it back to this folder (c:Program Files (x86)XSharpExtensionProjectProjectTemplates)
- Then run "c:Program Files (x86)XSharpUninstdeployvs2015.cmd" and/or "c:Program Files (x86)XSharpUninstdeployvs2017.cmd" and/or "c:Program Files (x86)XSharpUninstdeployvs2019.cmd"

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu