Upgraded from VO2.7b to VO2.8 sp4 - Problems with accessing field data servers

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
jjgregg

Post by jjgregg »

After touching and saving all dBase servers, now we have error messages in a lot or screens saying:

"Method : has been strongly typed but has not been declared in the class: 51450"

And the only way to get rid of the compiler errors are by reading and writing field information using FIELDGET and FIELDPUT

Example: This line now gives the strong typed error: cProject := SELF:oProject:PROJECT
To fix the error it needs to be rewritten as follows: cProject := SELF:oProject:FIELDGET( #PROJECT )

Replacing all access and assign field points in all our applications with FIELDGET and FIELDPUT will not only take a considerable amount of time but who knows what errors will be introduced by all this work.

Help!

What is going on?
Thanks,
John
robert

Post by robert »

John,
If I remember correctly there are 2 templates for the dbserver and fieldspec editor. Apparently the SP4 installer selected the early bound strongly typed template.

To use the 'old style' code generation copy cavoded.tpl and cavofed.tpl from your VO 2.7 bin folder and save the server entities again.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
jjgregg

Post by jjgregg »

Hi Robert, thanks for your help, I am really close to completing this migration except for this problem.

I copied the 2 TPL files from the VO2.8sp4 bin, touched and recompiled the dbServers and.... still getting the error. I then copied the same files from the VO2.7b bin directory and.... same problem.

How do I turn off early binding?
Thanks
John
Chris

Post by Chris »

John,

You need to force the DBServer editor to re-generate the code, so make a dummy change, revert it and then Save, this should update the code based in the new template.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
jjgregg

Post by jjgregg »

Thanks Chris & Robert,
I copied the TPLs from VO 2.7b to both the VO2.8bin directory and common directories, and.... it worked, no error messages. Let's see if it runs.
Thanks, there is no way I could have resolved this without your help.
John
jjgregg

Post by jjgregg »

Thanks Chris & Robert,
I copied the TPLs from VO 2.7b to both the VO2.8bin directory and common directories, and.... it worked, no error messages. Let's see if it runs.
Thanks, there is no way I could have resolved this without your help.
John
robert

Post by robert »

John,

Maybe you can follow up on the international newsgroup that you found the solution over here.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu