Detach All

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
boonnam

Detach All

Post by boonnam »

I think ever since Bandol 2.0 GA was released back in August, I can no longer stop my debug by clicking on "Detach All". Is this intentional?

I can still click on "Detach All" for C#.

Thanks,

Boonnam
Chris

Detach All

Post by Chris »

Hi Boonam,

Seems to be working ok here. Can you reproduce the problem also with a small test app, or is it happening only with your main application?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
boonnam

Detach All

Post by boonnam »

Thank you, Chris for suggesting trying with smaller app. It is working with my other small X# applications. Any idea what settings I can check to have detach all back for my main application? I don't believe I made any changes (intentionally) that would disable it.
Chris

Detach All

Post by Chris »

Hard to tell, without having the app to run it. Just wanted to find out if it is a general problem, or something specific. What happens exactly when you select Dettach, no message, no change, nothing? What if you select Stop debugging, does this stop the program execution, or this does not work either with your main app?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
boonnam

Detach All

Post by boonnam »

The Detach All is disabled. If I click on Stop Debugging, the app stop. I just looked at the property of the main project, I don't see any difference between this project and the one that works. Once I have time, I'll re-install an older X# to see if it works again.
Chris

Detach All

Post by Chris »

Are you sure you are running a debug build of your app? What happens when you select Break All, or hit a breakpoint, are all the options to Step etc available? Maybe Dettach All works now when at this state?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
boonnam

Detach All

Post by boonnam »

All the step into, step over, etc works. Just that detach all is disabled. It's not a big deal. I just need to remove break points if I want to continue testing without stopping. I was just curious why detach all is disabled with the newer version. I still haven't re-test it with older version yet.
Chris

Detach All

Post by Chris »

Some search reveals that this happens to other people as well (with c#), maybe related to your project structure.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio ... l-opt.html

https://developercommunity.visualstudio ... gging.html
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Detach All

Post by ic2 »

Hello Chris,

Your VS developer community links also show the difference in support between X# (small team, many solutions) and Microsoft (large teams, most of the time no solutions)

Almost any serious question there is replied with things like :

our team was unable to prioritize it and much more like that (it's not a bug, we were unable to... etc).

Dick
Chris

Detach All

Post by Chris »

Hi Dick,

I think what makes the difference is that in big teams the guys doing support do not know the product well, or at least as well as they should, while in small teams it's the devs that do also support :)
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu