At long last

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
Anonymous

At long last

Post by Anonymous »

Grafx made a mess of the marketing of VO, and then of Vulcan. They went for a large income from a small number of people. Whereas they should have gone for a small income from a large number of people who would be both able and willing to pay.

The result was support by way of fixes for a just a few people leaving the rest in the lurch.

I see the "new" team [of very experienced and knowledgeable people] as being the way forward.

I hope that we will have the VO type repository which is simply so easy to use, and that the language will remain object orientated.

Richard
www.tdoc.com
robert

At long last

Post by robert »

Richard,

Well what can I say. There is a reason that I left the devteam a few years ago and that Fabrice, Chris and Nikos left this year.

W.r.t. the language: of course it will be OOP. We support everything VO and Vulcan have. Otherwise the whole project is useless. On top of the VO and Vulcan compatibility we also offer stuff that Vulcan does not have, such as creating Generics, LINQ, Async-await etc. In fact we plan to support everything that C# has.
That is relatively easy to promise, since we are building our language on top of the Roslyn infrastructure, in other words: we are using the source code from the C# compiler !

Finally: I am afraid that we have no plans to add a repository. we will use Visual Studio as our environment.
We will however have a VS experience that is a lot like what people expect in C#. Again: we can use the same tools because we base our new product on the same infrastructure.

Robert
richard wrote:Grafx made a mess of the marketing of VO, and then of Vulcan. They went for a large income from a small number of people. Whereas they should have gone for a small income from a large number of people who would be both able and willing to pay.

The result was support by way of fixes for a just a few people leaving the rest in the lurch.

I see the "new" team [of very experienced and knowledgeable people] as being the way forward.

I hope that we will have the VO type repository which is simply so easy to use, and that the language will remain object orientated.

Richard
www.tdoc.com
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu