List of Foxpro incompatibilities?

This forum is meant for questions about the Visual FoxPro Language support in X#.

kevclark64

Post by kevclark64 »

Is there any list of current Foxpro syntax incompatibilities? I've found some issues through trial and error, but an updated list would be very helpful. Also, is there something like "Guide to converting from Foxpro to XSharp" available?
robert

Post by robert »

Kevin,

There is an (internal) list, but this list gets shorter every day, since we are preparing for SW Fox.
I'll upload a list end of this week.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Kevin,
Kevin Clark wrote:Is there any list of current Foxpro syntax incompatibilities? I've found some issues through trial and error, but an updated list would be very helpful. Also, is there something like "Guide to converting from Foxpro to XSharp" available?
Well as most of the times the DevTeam respond before we normal users are able to respond...

Am sure Robert and most of us would not object if you list some of the issues you have found, there might just be one that is overlooked.
FoxProMatt

Post by FoxProMatt »

I'll upload a list end of this week.
I'll be glad to see this...
alanbourke

Post by alanbourke »

I think if you look through the relevant .XH files under (IIRC) the installation folder you will see a lot of 'TODO' comments, which might help.
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Alan,
alanbourke wrote:I think if you look through the relevant .XH files under (IIRC) the installation folder you will see a lot of 'TODO' comments, which might help.
I also remember that, but had a quick look now and could not found any TODO.

I know there are TODO's in the Runtime on GitHub though... Functions/Procedures that have not yet being implemented, but I must admit, it is quite a while since I had a look there too, so many of those might also already be done.
FoxProMatt

Post by FoxProMatt »

What's needed is a very public-facing "FoxPro Status" reference, to show what does NOT work yet. Something that can bee seen online, without downloading the software or installing anything.

I don't really care to see what has been implemented, I prefer to see what is still lacking... That way people can tell whether they feel it's at a stage where they want to start experimenting with it.

Slowly the list will become shorter, but at all times, one can see what remains to be tackled.
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Matt

wouldn´t it be good idea that some of you Foxpro guys become real foxpro beta testers, instead of waiting ? BTW. I didn´t count the time i invested in VO->X# testings in my spare time - i even paid to do that ;-).

regards
Karl-Heinz
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl,
Karl-Heinz wrote: BTW. I didn´t count the time i invested in VO->X# testings in my spare time - i even paid to do that ;-).
I think we've pretty much all done the same thing more or less in this community for various products. CULE comes to mind where (we and a couple others from here) were there also :). But of course in any case, thanks a lot for your help and support for X# in both ways!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
FoxProMatt

Post by FoxProMatt »

Karl - I’ve done a good bit of poking on X# from VFP perspective. Was on it pretty early among the VFP crowd. Even joined FOX ($$) immediately to express my support and gain access to early build and forums. I’ve reported several things to X# Team, and they’ve been great to log them, fix them, or enlighten me.

I’ll be at SWFox conference in 3 weeks and I can’t wait to meet Robert and Fabrice in person and yap (and yap and yap) about X#.VFP.