Vulcan löschen

Deutschsprachiges X#-Forum – German language forum

Moderator: wriedmann

Horst

Vulcan löschen

Post by Horst »

Hallo
Hatte Vulcan installiert um die Runtime für XSharp zu nutzen. Habe nun Vulcan deinstalliert aber immer noch 88 Vulcan*.dll auf der Platte gefunden. Ich kann doch alles was mit Vulcan anfängt raushauen ? oder?
Gruss
Horst
Chris

Vulcan löschen

Post by Chris »

Hi Horst,

If you will be using the X# runtime, then you need absolutely nothing from vulcan anymore. Only reason why you may want to keep it (vulcan runtime dlls) is for comparisons, to see how a function operated in vulcan compared to the X# rutnime, in cases where there are differences.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Horst

Vulcan löschen

Post by Horst »

Thanks Chris
So I will erase all vulcan files.
Horst
FFF

Vulcan löschen

Post by FFF »

Well, i still have one app, which works with VN-runtime and crashes with X#-runtime, so, i'll keep my dlls for a bit longer....
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
ic2

Vulcan löschen

Post by ic2 »

Hello Karl,
FFF wrote:Well, i still have one app, which works with VN-runtime and crashes with X#-runtime, so, i'll keep my dlls for a bit longer....
Can you say more about that? Where does it crash on, is the team investigating it?

Dick
FFF

Vulcan löschen

Post by FFF »

ic2 wrote:Can you say more about that? Where does it crash on, is the team investigating it?
Yeah, was with Chris on it. It's an old VO app, opening the "main" datawindow from the shell it crashes. We hunted table corruption, and some other red herrings, after 2.07. the exception messages make me suspicious of my veeerrry crude overwork on RightSle to make it compile in X# - as it seems, i have used it only in this special window. As soon as i find some time, i'll try and change the sles to inherit from "stock" and see if this helps...
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)