Hi, I'm John from Colombia South America, vfp coder more than 20 years ago

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have been working with vfp since long time ago, I have some personal projects still working on clients, later I was working with C, C#, php, javascript. Today I have a contract to maintain a legacy software done in vfp. So I'm very excited by entering this group of Xsharp. Hope I can learn and contribute with my knowledge.
Working with vfp I have visited these countries USA, Guatemala, Curazao, Panama, Ecuador, Spain.
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Welcome John,
John Belalcazar wrote:I have been working with vfp since long time ago, I have some personal projects still working on clients, later I was working with C, C#, php, javascript. Today I have a contract to maintain a legacy software done in vfp. So I'm very excited by entering this group of Xsharp. Hope I can learn and contribute with my knowledge.
Working with vfp I have visited these countries USA, Guatemala, Curazao, Panama, Ecuador, Spain.
Great to have you as part of the community. We can surely make use of your knowledge.

I have visited Brazil (Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba), Chile, Rep of Congo, London... to name a few...
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello John, Welcome - you will find here a very involved community & development team.

Dick
John Belalcazar

Post by John Belalcazar »

Thank you, I will be glad to help.
cecilchamp

Post by cecilchamp »

Bien venido, John. Soy Cecilio de Tejas. I have been coding with VFP for about 29 years. I love the tools and the language. I am excited about X#.
John Belalcazar

Post by John Belalcazar »

Thank you Cecilchamp, I'm not used X# yet, but I'm planning to do it soon.
cecilchamp

Post by cecilchamp »

I have gotten my feet wet a little the past few days as I have walked through a little use of X# and seeing what works and what doesn't with the X# Dev team. I am hopeful the next release, 2.10 will solve some issues.
FoxProMatt

Post by FoxProMatt »

The more VFP people we get coming to try our X# and reporting their first few stumbling blocks, the better it will help X# Dev Team to see which features/functions they need to get working, and what Getting Started with X# documentation is needed.

Plus, more testers will show what the real interest from VFP community is.

Heck, us VFP folks can create the getting-started guides ourselves, but there are some more things needed in X# to really entice the average FoxPro person to seriously look at it, so "getting started" guides are a little hard to build out just yet, because a limited set of things can be shown.
cecilchamp

Post by cecilchamp »

I would be happy to help write Getting Started guides. But, of course, I'll need some working code. I am enthusiastic about FoxPro in X#, just need the cart to catch up with the horse.