Repeat Until ?

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Phil Hepburn

Repeat Until ?

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Robert and Team,

Does the current X# have Repeat Until ?

I may well be mistaken but I thought I just tried it and did not get a positive response.

I mean a proper one in the language 'body' not the nice fudge that Johan used to provide us with ;-0)

TIA,
Phil.
Chris

Repeat Until ?

Post by Chris »

Hi Phil,

Yes, REPEAT..UNTIL is supported. Of course the REPEAT and UNTIL keywords must be in separate lines, same as with DO..END etc. Did you get an error message when you tried it?

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Phil Hepburn

Repeat Until ?

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Chris,

I will try it again in the knowledge that I ought to be able to get it to work ;-0)

I saw no error as such but the words did not go blue as those for For/Next and do while did.

I will test my VS 2015 app and report back to you.

Many thanks for your time,
Phil.

Oh! and Happy New Year - if the Greeks have started the NY, or is it early Easter ;-0)
Phil Hepburn

Repeat Until ?

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Thanks Chris,

The code is now working in VS.

When I changed my code just there now, I put the REPEAT and UNTIL in the correct place but they stayed black in colour until I started typing the condition (after the until) - they then went blue.

Now all is working well and functioning OK.
CP_RU_CS_01.jpg
CP_RU_CS_01.jpg (89.17 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Speak soon,
Phil.
robert

Repeat Until ?

Post by robert »

Phil,

REPEAT UNTIL has been added in Vulcan.
We have made these 'Positional' keywords, which means that they will only be recognized as keywords when the parser finds a valid language construct, which means that an expression must follow UNTIL.

I will see if I can make REPEAT - UNTIL appear as keywords without Expression as well.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Phil Hepburn

Repeat Until ?

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Robert (and Chris),

Well, its not really a 'must have' - BUT - I have just checked in VS and it would be nice if all three loop structure keywords behaved in the same way.

'For' ... and 'do while' ... go blue almost straight away, as do 'Next' and 'end do' so it would seem right to me that 'Repeat' and 'Until' do the same.

Good Luck, and thumbs held,
Phil.
Chris

Repeat Until ?

Post by Chris »

Hi Phil,

Ah, yes, didn't think about the VS syntax highlighting..have been caught by that over and over through the years and I never learn :)

And yes, it's only Easter that's in a different date (most of the times) down here. Apart from that, we're on the same page!

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu