X# with Visual FoxPro Dialect

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
cecilchamp

Post by cecilchamp »

I am here because I am a longtime Visual FoxPro developer who believes X# is going to be successful and that Visual FoxPro developers can get into X# by degrees and extend their job security a bit longer. I live in north Texas near Dallas and Fort Worth.
FoxProMatt

Post by FoxProMatt »

Hey Cecil.

Yep, lots of us FoxPro folks here already, watching and waiting.

Question - have you installed X# on your machine and cranked out your first X# VFP console app?

If not, I encourage you to get this first step under your belt.
cecilchamp

Post by cecilchamp »

I installed X# on my home desktop 2 or 3 weeks ago, but got sick last week, slowed me down a bit. Anyway, I didn't see XSharp show up in VS 2017 Community anywhere. That surprised me. I opened up VS 2019 Community this afternoon and there was X#. I finally made a simple FoxPro console app just to see how it went. Not bad actually.

Got any idea why X# still won't show up in my VS 2017?
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Cecil,
cecilchamp wrote: Got any idea why X# still won't show up in my VS 2017?
If I remember correctly there is a checkbox for VS 2017 installation, which is by default off when VS 2019 is detected. You can just reinstall and make sure it is checked to have it also available in VS 2017.
cecilchamp

Post by cecilchamp »

I uninstalled Visual Studio 2017 and then reinstalled it. I then reinstalled X# 2.08, and was able to finally see X# within VS 2017. Thanks!