VS Message after typing

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Frank Müßner

VS Message after typing

Post by Frank Müßner »

Hello Robert,

sometimes, not often, i get Message from VS 2019 16.3.7 with X# 2.1.0.0
after typing some chars. See Attachment.
After this is show, i can not open any WinForm Editor. Restart VS solves the Problem.

Other Question,
VO Form Designer when click "Inherit from Class" there are no Classes show.
Same "Smal/Large Icon"
Is this not implemented now?

Frank
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (77.08 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Chris

VS Message after typing

Post by Chris »

Hi Frank,

Sorry I did not understand what the screenshot shows, seems it was not fully uploaded? (half of it is empty). Can you please send again, or if it is already the correct one, can you further explain where is the cursor, what you typed etc?

About the "Inherit From" not displaying entries, I see this as well, it's a bug indeed. We'll look into it, thanks!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

VS Message after typing

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Chris,

i think it´s about the message below the toolbar. Translated: the extension "xsharp vs project system" slows down the input.

regards
Karl-Heinz
Frank Müßner

VS Message after typing

Post by Frank Müßner »

Thank you Karl-Heinz for translation :-)

@Chris
the screen show not the time when this message was the first time show.
I have write test code "Class myclass inherit Datawindow"
end when then typing END directly after typing this, the Message was show.

I can not reproduce this after restart from VS with the same code typing.

I have this on two different PC see

Frank
robert

VS Message after typing

Post by robert »

Frank.

Are you referring to the yellow bar on top, which is called "Gold Bar" by MS internally, but the rest of the world calls it the "bar of shame" ?
We are aware that we are sometimes shown there and there is not much we can do there.
Unfortunately Microsoft thinks that the world only uses C# and VB and that all the other people that are producing extensions for VS are writing extensions to the C# and VB project systems, and so they can be disabled without loosing much functionality. Of course that does not apply to a project system or language service, because disabling that will result in the language no longer being available in VS.

Even their own project systems are sometimes a bit sluggish (for example try to open the master solution in VS and grab a coffee or two) but the team responsible for this "bar of shame" has apparently been told to never list the C# or VB Project system there.

In the last build we have moved away from the Synchronous API for VS to the Asynchronous API. That has helped somewhat but is still not enough.
We do whatever we can to improve our speed, but it is more difficult than you realize.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

VS Message after typing

Post by rjpajaron »

robert wrote:Frank.

Are you referring to the yellow bar on top, which is called "Gold Bar" by MS internally, but the rest of the world calls it the "bar of shame" ?
We are aware that we are sometimes shown there and there is not much we can do there.
Unfortunately Microsoft thinks that the world only uses C# and VB and that all the other people that are producing extensions for VS are writing extensions to the C# and VB project systems, and so they can be disabled without loosing much functionality. Of course that does not apply to a project system or language service, because disabling that will result in the language no longer being available in VS.

Even their own project systems are sometimes a bit sluggish (for example try to open the master solution in VS and grab a coffee or two) but the team responsible for this "bar of shame" has apparently been told to never list the C# or VB Project system there.

In the last build we have moved away from the Synchronous API for VS to the Asynchronous API. That has helped somewhat but is still not enough.
We do whatever we can to improve our speed, but it is more difficult than you realize.

Robert
Even Telerik got this "yellow bar warning" saying that it is slowing VS down....

I am observing it on VS 2019. Wish to go back to VS 2015... but darn, I love 2019 already.
Chris

VS Message after typing

Post by Chris »

Rene, I think it's best to just ignore this message. Also c# slows down VS, but it is hardcoded to not report this (ignores it in other words...).
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

VS Message after typing

Post by rjpajaron »

Chris wrote:Rene, I think it's best to just ignore this message. Also c# slows down VS, but it is hardcoded to not report this (ignores it in other words...).
I am now in the last 10 projects (60+ completed to clean build).

Right now, I am frustrated for the slowness of VS on X#. I do not have this on my existing large projects on C#.
IntelliSense on X# is hit and miss but I can work w/out that.

But I am fast typer. Right now, I type random letters and numbers on VS code editor on X# and its funny to see it churning out letters after a minute of my rapid typing stops.

I need to know is there anything I need to do to make it work. Can we turn off IntelliSense and Allow me to type as fast as I can? I have lots code to fix on X# from VO. Darn.... VO is great but terribly missing a lots of bad codes.

--

Rene
lumberjack

VS Message after typing

Post by lumberjack »

rjpajaron wrote: Right now, I am frustrated for the slowness of VS on X#. I do not have this on my existing large projects on C#.
IntelliSense on X# is hit and miss but I can work w/out that.

I need to know is there anything I need to do to make it work. Can we turn off IntelliSense and Allow me to type as fast as I can? I have lots code to fix on X# from VO. Darn.... VO is great but terribly missing a lots of bad codes.
Well you can always reference those .PRG files from XIDE and have the code produced before you even hit the keyboard... :cheer:
robert

VS Message after typing

Post by robert »

Rene,
rjpajaron wrote:[

I am now in the last 10 projects (60+ completed to clean build).
Do you have C# solutions with 70 projects ?
I don't think so.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu