bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) released

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Joachim Bieler

Post by Joachim Bieler »

Thanks to the cooperation with the XSharp team a special version of the bBrowser 4 for XSharp is available now.

The bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) is the .NET version of bBrowser 4 (Visual Objects Edition). It is designed for everyone who does the step from Visual Objects or Vulcan.NET to XSharp and wants to continue to use the bBrowser.

The bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) is almost 100% compatible to the bBrowser 4 (Visual Objects Edition) and brings the full functionality of the bBrowser 4 to .NET. The bBrowser.NET 4(XSharp Edition) supports the transported VO-GUI classes of XSharp. Through this it is possible to transport VO or Vulcan.NET applications to XSharp which contain the bBrowser.

The bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) contain the entire source code in XSharp as Solution for Visual Studio and as Project for XIDE.

You find all information about the bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) on the redesigned website www.bbrowser.net. You also can order the bBrowser there.

My special thanks go to Robert van der Hulst and Chris Pyrgas from the XSharp Team for their untiring support at the porting of bBrowser 4 to XSharp.

Regards
Joachim Bieler
ryetisir

Post by ryetisir »

One reality is that we can't understand other than frogein language English. What is going on the bBrowser side?. If you discuss in other language you have been resterected the understanding of the product relased.

Regards

Ramazan
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Ramazan,
unfortunately some of us (including myself) is not really fluent in english, and therefore sometimes there will be thread in the German or Italian forums that can be read by non German or Italian speakers only with the help of Google translator.
(I'm so fortunate that I can speak both languages, as German is my native language, and I'm born and live in Italy).
I can say that Chris for example does not knows neither of these languages, and Robert speaks and understands German very well, but not Italian. If they can answer in these sections, they understand the messages using Google Translator.
But nevertheless: in short: the question was if bBrowser needs the X# runtime. The answer was also given in English: since the bBrowser is based on the VO GUI classes it needs the X# runtime.
But the Devteam has announced to release alternative, VO GUI compatible classes based on Windows Forms.
For these classes of course some adjustments to bBrowser will be needed, and the discussion was about this.
If you have more questions, please feel free to ask!
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
FFF

Post by FFF »

As Wolfgang said: if you want to follow, use a translator. I prefer
www.deepl.com
over google, as the results are IMO by far better.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
ryetisir

Post by ryetisir »

Wolfgang;

Tank you for the valuable explanations.
I'm academic stuff in Agricultural faculty and trying some student programs on animal agriculture.
Fo this i'm actually user of VOSP4 and user bBrowser 4 profesional. I was waiting the release of bBrowser for XSharp. Also i'm following the development of the Xsharp language. With the new year I'will try the XSharp with bBrowser and Fabrice's OutlookBar in my programs.

On the other hand. I know Spanish and English as foreign language. My native language is Turkish. We use in our work more English. My brothers know German language and they work in Germany. In our country as foreign glanguage English, German and French are educated in the schools. Other language is educated as private issue.
I know the google translater but translation in this way is not seems so good. For this I have writen the mesage.

Regards.
Ramazan
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Ramazan,

I agree that the separate German and Italian sections in the forums could be seen as a sort of discrimination of non-Italian or non-German users....
Nevertheless: the most traffic is in the English language forums, and also the Devteam answers will always be in English (even if English is a foreign language for all of them - Robert is Dutch, Nikos and Chris Greek and Fabrice is French, a true sample for an international development team).
And again: if you are not able to understand something using the Google Translator or DeepL as recommended, please as for a concrete translation - we will try to answer.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for the X# Edition. I have bBrowser for Vulcan.NET and wish to upgrade anytime next week.
I tried to build bBrowser for Vn.NET now, but I got so many XS0426 error.

However, reading your post, you did not support VS2015. Not much of a problem anyway as we plan already to move up to VS 2019. Sadly, we are still on VS2015.

Regards,

Rene
Joachim Bieler wrote:Thanks to the cooperation with the XSharp team a special version of the bBrowser 4 for XSharp is available now.

The bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) is the .NET version of bBrowser 4 (Visual Objects Edition). It is designed for everyone who does the step from Visual Objects or Vulcan.NET to XSharp and wants to continue to use the bBrowser.

The bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) is almost 100% compatible to the bBrowser 4 (Visual Objects Edition) and brings the full functionality of the bBrowser 4 to .NET. The bBrowser.NET 4(XSharp Edition) supports the transported VO-GUI classes of XSharp. Through this it is possible to transport VO or Vulcan.NET applications to XSharp which contain the bBrowser.

The bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) contain the entire source code in XSharp as Solution for Visual Studio and as Project for XIDE.

You find all information about the bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) on the redesigned website www.bbrowser.net. You also can order the bBrowser there.

My special thanks go to Robert van der Hulst and Chris Pyrgas from the XSharp Team for their untiring support at the porting of bBrowser 4 to XSharp.

Regards
Joachim Bieler
robert

Post by robert »

Rene,

X# can also read the source and samples from bBrowser in VS 2015

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Joachim Bieler

Post by Joachim Bieler »

Hi Rene,

it is true, the bBrowser.NET 4 (XSharp Edition) contains solutions for VS2019 and VS2017, but I do not want to exclude that the edition also works with VS2015. I just have not created a solution for it. You could just try it.

Regards,
Joachim