Crypt and other "Missing or incomplete Features"

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

I am preparing to port our VO apps to X#, using the long holiday as my preparation stage.

I am reading the X# Runtime Docs and on "X# Runtime" chapter, I read that "Crypt" is not yet supported.
I have a lot of this in our apps and I already thinking of creating a function that does the same thing.

Anyone?

Rene
FFF

Post by FFF »

rjpajaron wrote:I am preparing to port our VO apps to X#, using the long holiday as my preparation stage.

I am reading the X# Runtime Docs and on "X# Runtime" chapter, I read that "Crypt" is not yet supported.
I have a lot of this in our apps and I already thinking of creating a function that does the same thing.

Anyone?

Rene
Rene,
it's not so difficult: Start Xide, make a new X#runtime app, enter "Start.prg" and type ? Crypt("Karl", "Rene") hit F5
No compile error, and you'll see in console: CÜ#ó

So, Docs are not quite up2date ;)
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Looks like I will not be missing VO then....
I am enjoying reading X# Runtime Documentations > Examples right now...
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Rene,

It's not missing anymore, but due to the different nature of VO and .Net (8-bit vs unicode string), the results will not always be compatible to that of VO. What are you using Crypt() against, is it binary data or text?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

Chris wrote:Hi Rene,

It's not missing anymore, but due to the different nature of VO and .Net (8-bit vs unicode string), the results will not always be compatible to that of VO. What are you using Crypt() against, is it binary data or text?
Text. I mostly used this to encrypt password and other fields that stores config. Although its uses is superfluous because I already implemented table encryption with ADS. But I keep it there...

--

Rene
Chris

Post by Chris »

Rene,

OK, you should have no issues in X# then. If it's not working as you would expect when you make the port, just please make a post here with details.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

Post by rjpajaron »

I will
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Rene,
rjpajaron wrote:I am preparing to port our VO apps to X#, using the long holiday as my preparation stage.

Anyone?
What I miss in this discussion is that there is a solution: we had the same issue earlier and Chris solved that by adding the VO compatible CryptRaw() function. We use that one only in X# as otherwise VO crypted data won't decrypt using an X# program.

See https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/private-pro ... inued#9679 (private forum only)

Dick